seniority question

jvillehub2010

I just got my job back at the jacksonville hub yesterday after quiting in 2005. I worked there from 01-05, so I had about 4 and 1/2 years seniority and they are telling me that there is no way that I can get my seniority back. I was wondering if this just relates to my particular hub and i really still have my seniority for the company, or am i just back to square one all the way around? I really want to be a driver. Ill move to any hub if the seniority will transfer somehow.

L

Loufan

You've been gone for 5 years. What makes you think you can just come back and expect to get 4 years of seniority back after quitting!? You're not getting it back, get over it.

P

pickup

I just got my job back at the jacksonville hub yesterday after quiting in 2005. I worked there from 01-05, so I had about 4 and 1/2 years seniority and they are telling me that there is no way that I can get my seniority back. I was wondering if this just relates to my particular hub and i really still have my seniority for the company, or am i just back to square one all the way around? I really want to be a driver. Ill move to any hub if the seniority will transfer somehow.

You're back on square 1.(period)

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
You've been gone for 5 years. What makes you think you can just come back and expect to get 4 years of seniority back after quitting!? You're not getting it back, get over it.
Come down to Stuart. We've had guys quit, move on, come back and retain their seniority. Don't ask me how they worked it out, though the person in question has since moved on, again. I think this happened twice.

bigbrownhen

To my knowlege unless you were in the military, you are out of luck with getting back your seniority. As it should be IMO. It isn't fair to the people who have been there since for you to jump up the seniority list. Again, JMO.

1000RR

I am a rehire at UPS also. Worked from 09/04 - 10/05 then from 07/07 - present. When I got rehired I started from scratch (8.50/hr, no insurance, bottom seniority). That is how it should be. If you quit you are SOL.

SWORDFISH

UPS doesnt make a habit of taking people back so Im suprised to see you back having left. I say go for it, try and get your senority back. Im curious what your center manager will say. Thats what you will need to have happen if you want to drive anytime soon. Doesnt seem to be any new drivers coming up. We have about 4 drivers I only see a couple times a month and Im not even in a big center.