Seniority skipped over

Tough Guy

The only way that less seniority people get to drive before more seniority people is if the less seniority person sign a bid or a list of people wanting to go Ft and the person with more seniority didn't. It has nothing to do with where where they where trained already (peak or Pt air driver ). You don't sign the list you loose out....
I'm simply explaining it as it was explained to me. I know there were guys with years more seniority than me when I got in. Guys who signed the bid sheet every time it came up. I was already qualified and had the area knowledge they needed. So they said they were getting me in that way. The shop stewards didn't have any objections. So it must be a union recognized procedure.

UPSGUY72

I'm simply explaining it as it was explained to me. I know there were guys with years more seniority than me when I got in. Guys who signed the bid sheet every time it came up. I was already qualified and had the area knowledge they needed. So they said they were getting me in that way. The shop stewards didn't have any objections. So it must be a union recognized procedure.

Your knowledge of the area and being already qualified have nothing to do with winning a FT bid job. The only thing that matter are that you signed the bid and have enough seniority to win the FT bid and have a good driving record.