Seniority sucks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's frustrating. Especially the pricks that take each and every one of those school break weeks and don't even have kids in school. Or even worse. The ones that pick those weeks and want to work. Hell I just want one of those weeks and those guys take all of them. I agree that seniority is great but that doesnt mean people have to be such :censored2:bags about it. :censored2:bags with seniority are a disease. LOL.
Just for that, I'm now picking Easter week!

Gear

Parts on Order
Be a mechanic. Seniority makes very little difference in who works and how much. It is a grind every day no matter who you are or how long you've been around. On the plus side, vacation times are relatively wide open.

Plus you're full time out of the gate and work unsupervised for the most part. There is a good number of full time position ads on the UPS web site.

Gear

Parts on Order
It's frustrating. Especially the pricks that take each and every one of those school break weeks and don't even have kids in school. Or even worse. The ones that pick those weeks and want to work. Hell I just want one of those weeks and those guys take all of them. I agree that seniority is great but that doesnt mean people have to be such :censored2:bags about it. :censored2:bags with seniority are a disease. LOL.

I worked in a place where the top guys had 6 weeks of vacation. Every year, they would take monday and friday off from spring to the end of summer. Monday and friday would be locked so no one could take a full weeks vacation during the summer. You could take tues, wed, and thursday. Who goes to the beach for 3 days? Talk about :censored2:bags. Somebody did it to them, so now its their turn. Instead of just stopping that crap, they just keep it going.

Overpaid Union Thug

I worked in a place where the top guys had 6 weeks of vacation. Every year, they would take monday and friday off from spring to the end of summer. Monday and friday would be locked so no one could take a full weeks vacation during the summer. You could take tues, wed, and thursday. Who goes to the beach for 3 days? Talk about :censored2:bags. Somebody did it to them, so now its their turn. Instead of just stopping that crap, they just keep it going.
Sheesh.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
That blows. They would never allow that here.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I call those types the Seniority Mafia.