Seniority (unless you're high up there) is hog wash for extra work?

M

Mike23

They'll get over it,well yes a driver must me fired or transfered or have taken another area to go up for bid.

See, that's the weird thing about out here. Is around 90% of our routes never were up for bid before they were just 'assigned' because of our high turn over rate. If I'm away, a guy that's been on another route for about 3 years covers mine even though he doesn't want to. He hasn't bidded on his route so my assumption is he can't do anything about it.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
My friend "Nunzi"owns a charter boat on the East River in NYC. He can take those three stiffs... er ...people ahead of you for a boat ride. Of course, you'll have to pay their way.:wink2:
Funny you mention this. My Sister visited my Brother in NYC recently. They went for a boat ride in the Hudson River and came across a dead body, scouts honor.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I'm not sure how it is at other depots (Steve would say this is my OCD again ;) ) but at mine seniority doesn't seem to count for much unless you're a +7 year person.

I know I'm halfway up there in the polls but am almost always stuck with splits. I asked a sup about it and was confirmed that, 'we look at who we know will actually do the job'. I took this as, 'we look at who will not just scan everything as NOF and that we'll have to fire later'.

Our bidding is a joke since I recall only seeing around 10 routes up for bid although we have around 200 routes onroad! Of course it's only the most senior routes up for bid so only the most senior drivers actually get them.

We're supposedly moving into a new hub this fall, maybe that has to do with the lack of routes for bid? I'm not too sure. It just seems like seniority, other then on my paycheck, means jack squat. Anyone else see it this way?

Were you a scout? I dunno if I'll trust it if you weren't a scout ;)
What Steve were you talking about in your original post?