Seniority

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by strangefan001, Oct 31, 2013.

1. strangefan001

strangefan001 New Member

Is there a way I can figure out what day I'm finally in the union

2. PiedmontSteward

PiedmontSteward RTW-4-Less

Are you a seasonal employee? If so, you won't be able to attain seniority unless you're retained after peak season.

If you're a "regular" employee, you should attain seniority sometime after your first 30 working days (days you actually work) in 90 calendar days. This varies by supplement, but that's the general rule.

3. Funfact

Funfact Well-Known Member

If you call out they can start the 30 days over again. So show up every day.

4. zeromissed

zeromissed New Member

Are you in the union on the 30th day of work or the 31st?

5. you aint even know it

you aint even know it Well-Known Troll Troll

Depends on your contract and start date. Most contract, you can't make the union through october first through December 31th. State and city of your ups building and also your start date please?

6. you aint even know it

If its 30 days to make book/union in your local and you made the days outside of the free period(s), then it is when you punch in on the 30th day and do any sort of work (even for 5 seconds).

7. you aint even know it

Says who? Where in the contract? Sounds like some mumble jumble Bs some management clown made up. The deal is x amount of days in x amount of days. If you called out and still managed to make x amount of days in x amount of days, you've made BOOK. Go to your local union hall (don't even bother going to your shop steward) and tell them that you made your days and sign that card and paperwork!

8. zeromissed

zeromissed New Member

state is ohio, not the free period. hire date middle of September. management said 31st day, was sent home before guarantee on 30th day.

9. you aint even know it

Right on!

10. superballs63

superballs63 Well-Known Troll Troll

So is driving with your feet, doesn't make it a good idea. Just saying

11. you aint even know it

Can someone help out that guy? I tried, but I can't even find out what local(s) Ohio falls under.