Seniority

mercury7

I've just had too many times management has not followed through on what they say they will do. Give them a concrete answer in days, and refer to steward, unless management would want you to tell them yourself. Your job, as management, is to address the workers concerns.
We get the same beat down as hourlies do only we don't have the union to stop the harassment. People on this site are way too harsh on anyone that claims to be management

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've just had too many times management has not followed through on what they say they will do. Give them a concrete answer in days, and refer to steward, unless management would want you to tell them yourself. Your job, as management, is to address the workers concerns.
I would strongly disagree with this statement. Managements job is to supervise you and make sure you do things the way they want u to. Who cares if you like it or not.

upschuck

I would strongly disagree with this statement. Managements job is to supervise you and make sure you do things the way they want u to. Who cares if you like it or not.
I didn't say you had to agree with what the sup tells you, but you bring a concern to sup, it is up to them to address that concern, and to facilitate a resolution.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I didn't say you had to agree with what the sup tells you, but you bring a concern to sup, it is up to them to address that concern, and to facilitate a resolution.
And one of those resolutions may be to tell the person that tried to dump the problem on them to figure it out themselves.
Management does not do the person or themselves any favors by providing the solution every time. I tried to take the time to help the person analyze the problem and guide them to solve the problem themselves.

mercury7

And one of those resolutions may be to tell the person that tried to dump the problem on them to figure it out themselves.
Management does not do the person or themselves any favors by providing the solution every time. I tried to take the time to help the person analyze the problem and guide them to solve the problem themselves.
What....no comment for me, Photog? ;)

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

I disagree. The company doesn't want anyone, including management, to figure anything out for themselves. That's IE's job.

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String

upschuck

Management does not do the person or themselves any favors by providing the solution every time. I tried to take the time to help the person analyze the problem and guide them to solve the problem themselves
Management is there to help facilitate the needs of the workers to get the job done. It is not to belittle, harass, or berate the employee. And part of that facilitation is to answer any questions that arise.

Now for the situation for the OP, management is the only one that would know the official amount of days left(resolution) to the employees concern.

So what you are saying is that when employee does things that management disapproves, that it is ok because the employee was solving the problem themselves, and not asking management personnel.