Senority date?

jesus_saves

Hello I have a quick question about when will my seniority date start. I am on my 19th day since I was rehired after peak season. Will my date start the first day I started working or when I finish my 30 days. Also how long do we have to wait til we can get insurance with UPS. Thanks in advance guys.

evilleace

Your seniority date should revert back to your first day worked after being rehired. Insurance you will have to wait 1 yr for yourself and 18 months for your family.

JonFrum

The date your insurance starts will differ depending on if you will be covered by a UPS plan or one of the many area Teamster plans. And if you are full-time or part-time. Evillace was speaking of a part-timer under a UPS plan.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The date your insurance starts will differ depending on if you will be covered by a UPS plan or one of the many area Teamster plans. And if you are full-time or part-time. Evillace was speaking of a part-timer under a UPS plan.

Jon, are you sure about this? This does not sound right (or fair) to me.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Part time and full time are different in my area. If you are part time your in the ups plan and full time is central states and you don't wait a year like part timers.

Here PT and FT are the same. I am pretty sure our new hires have to wait the 12/18 that everyone else, or I thought, does.

evilleace

PT and FT are separate where I am. By the time someone is FT they almost always have been PT long enough to have their insurance.

over9five

Staff member
The boss told me today that the entire state of New Hamshire has not added a FT driver since 2008. Amazing (and sad).

UnconTROLLed

perfection
The boss told me today that the entire state of New Hamshire has not added a FT driver since 2008. Amazing (and sad).

Last year, during FT driver orientation, we were taken to MHT and ASH. All 4 of us were FT already, so we were not "new hires". Both places our tour caused lots of friction, nasty looks and even some yelling. Very unprofessional and condencending. However, it goes to show you the FT job situation up there.

evilleace

Rumor has it we will be taking one off of the street at the end of the freehire period which is to bad because there are people in the building who want it.