Senority from pkg to feeders

browndog123

We have guy that is a back up feeder driver for almost a year and an a more senior driver getting ready to do feeder school. Who has the senority to choose vacations first and who is eligible for the work first?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
We have guy that is a back up feeder driver for almost a year and an a more senior driver getting ready to do feeder school. Who has the senority to choose vacations first and who is eligible for the work first?

Here it is whoever has more full time senority regardless if it is in package or feeders

Johney

Her when you go from package to feeders everyone goes to the bottom of feeders seniority list regardless of company time. For example I have 3 people who pick vacation after me in feeders who have more company time than me. They came into feeders after me so I'm higher on the seniority list.

Luke Thighrocker

Her when you go from package to feeders everyone goes to the bottom of feeders seniority list regardless of company time. For example I have 3 people who pick vacation after me in feeders who have more company time than me. They came into feeders after me so I'm higher on the seniority list.

Uh...No. Not here.

Cementups

Box Monkey

Which is stupid. There's no reason a guy with 3 years should have rights over a guy with 30 years just because he chose that particular job sooner.

Johney

Which is stupid. There's no reason a guy with 3 years should have rights over a guy with 30 years just because he chose that particular job sooner.
Works the same when you go from p/t to friend/t. Same when going to a 22.3 job. Whenever changing classification that has a separate seniority list you go to the bottom. I've never heard anyone complain.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Works the same when you go from p/t to friend/t. Same when going to a 22.3 job. Whenever changing classification that has a separate seniority list you go to the bottom. I've never heard anyone complain.

That's because they don't know any better. Or just accept how it is.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Tell me how this is not the case in your building.
We have building seniority. So if I were to make the move from FT package to feeders today, I would drop into line of the approximate 250 drivers in feeders now and I would fall into about the 75th spot. so the 23 years I've put into this actually pays off in the end.

By The Book

We have building seniority. So if I were to make the move from FT package to feeders today, I would drop into line of the approximate 250 drivers in feeders now and I would fall into about the 75th spot. so the 23 years I've put into this actually pays off in the end.
Does this only apply to feeders? Does a 20 year part timer pick vacation before a 5 year driver or do they pick on a separate list?