Senority from pkg to feeders

Cementups

Box Monkey
FTers pick vacations before PTers. And vacations are picked by work detail. Drivers and hub workers do not pick vacations at the same time. And feeder drivers and package drivers pick separately as well. We all have our own vacation list.
So in Package we pick vacations FT 1-66 and then PT 67-90ish.

By The Book

FTers pick vacations before PTers. And vacations are picked by work detail. Drivers and hub workers do not pick vacations at the same time. And feeder drivers and package drivers pick separately as well. We all have our own vacation list.
So in Package we pick vacations FT 1-66 and then PT 67-90ish.
Sounds like you pick by seniority within each classification, no?

By The Book

So now back to how you do feeders and seniority. Once you bid and are in feeders do you pick vacation by seniority and you pick with the full timers in your building?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Works the same when you go from p/t to friend/t. Same when going to a 22.3 job. Whenever changing classification that has a separate seniority list you go to the bottom. I've never heard anyone complain.

That's because they don't know any better. Or just accept how it is.

I agree w/Johney on this one. If you work in a building which has separate classification-based seniority lists you should expect to move to the bottom of that list for bidding purposes only. You keep your company seniority for all other purposes (vacation selection).

I work in a small center with just a seniority list for FT and another for PT. A few years back our mall driver decided that he wanted to driver feeders for his last two years. He made the move and was able to bid the job that he wanted, which ticked off some of his lower seniority co-workers.

jaker

trolling
In the West every class of job has its own seniority

A 30 year driver going into feeder after a 10 year driver will have less seniority in feeder

Cementups

Box Monkey
I agree w/Johney on this one. If you work in a building which has separate classification-based seniority lists you should expect to move to the bottom of that list for bidding purposes only. You keep your company seniority for all other purposes (vacation selection).

I work in a small center with just a seniority list for FT and another for PT. A few years back our mall driver decided that he wanted to driver feeders for his last two years. He made the move and was able to bid the job that he wanted, which ticked off some of his lower seniority co-workers.

So if I'm a Lieutenant in the Air Force and move from one base to another, because I haven't been at the new base as long as the lowest Sergeant, he now has first rights to everything even though I have more rank?

Johney

We have building seniority. So if I were to make the move from FT package to feeders today, I would drop into line of the approximate 250 drivers in feeders now and I would fall into about the 75th spot. so the 23 years I've put into this actually pays off in the end.
So it wouldn't bother you to have a part-timer with more company time decide to go full time after say 25 years or so and bump you off your run?

Johney

So what's the point of having or building seniority and having it not matter????
You are putting far too much thought into how it is elsewhere get over it dude. If it works here so be it,if it works where you are so be it...let it go bud. We are happy and it works as are you. You think what we do sucks and we think what you do sucks,who is right then?

By The Book

Building seniority only helps on vacation picking
What about bidding on other jobs?
So if I'm a Lieutenant in the Air Force and move from one base to another, because I haven't been at the new base as long as the lowest Sergeant, he now has first rights to everything even though I have more rank?
the military is different, they go by rank, UPS is like 50 shades.
In the West every class of job has its own seniority

A 30 year driver going into feeder after a 10 year driver will have less seniority in feeder
Until the annual bids come out?, then they go by seniority don't they?
There are two separate lists, one for FT and the other for PT.
I was carving the turkey with @Cementups, and was showing him that even though his center uses building seniority it operates like most centers with classification seniority....except for feeders apparently.

jaker

trolling
What about bidding on other jobs?

Until the annual bids come out?, then they go by seniority don't they?
If you are talking about people with the same job then building seniority kicks in

So two PT bidding on a porter join the one with higher building gets it

No annual bids here , it's your job until you decide to leave it or ups gets rid of it

ViewAskew

Some areas dovetail. In my local x amount of packages years translates to x amount of feeder years. Lots of guys who have worked feeders a long time hate it when old package drivers come in and jump them in seniority.