Senority years equal to vacation weeks

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I started as a casual. Took me 10 yrs to get 1 week vacation. 15 -2nd week.20- 3rd week. 25th- last yr for my 4th. When I get to my 30th yr. I will have 5 weeks. Then I'm headed out. Will also have a penalty for my 4 yrs retiring before i turn 55. Only 115 a month. Not enough to make me stay a second longer. Casualty of the beginning of the union concessions. A reason I will never vote yes. On every contract I'm involved in.

TheBigD

What happens if you pick a vacation week that a holiday falls in for example I picked my vacation and Labor Day falls that week do I get a extra day? And do I get the holiday pay for that day?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What happens if you pick a vacation week that a holiday falls in for example I picked my vacation and Labor Day falls that week do I get a extra day? And do I get the holiday pay for that day?

It's your choice. I always take the extra pay over the (unpaid) extra day off.

You get your vacation pay plus holiday pay.

BUCN85

Well I'm in north east ohio. Not sure what region this is. I have a contract book. But I don't think I saw anything in there regarding this

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

We used to get the week plus Monday. Last yr they changed it to no carry over day. Because they pay us for the holiday. So, now I take the week before so the Monday is the holiday. Except the 4th of July

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I took the same week last year. Got paid for the holiday and banked the day off for the day after Christmas.

rod

Retired 22 years
After 25 years I got 7 weeks vacation, 2 personal and a handful of Federal paid days off a year. NO paid sick days. My wife on the other hand always gave me a hard time about all the paid time I had off. She worked for the State and only had 4 weeks vacation a year. One year I kept track of paid days off for the both of us . Adding all her sick days, every Federal holiday and comp time to her vacation days she ended up with way more paid time off than I did and what was really nice is she could take it in as little as 15 minute increments anytime she wanted and not have to take a whole week at a time. We were both lucky enough to get lots of paid time off. That is not the norm in todays job market. I know people who only get 2 weeks off a year (UNPAID) after working at their jobs for 10 - 15 years.

MrWon

I have been at UPS for 9 years and I have 2 full weeks and an Option Week of vacation. at 10 calendar years which would be 11 years for me I will get my 3 full week of vacation with the Option week, and every 5 calendar years which equals 6 years for me I will get an extra full week added. I don't know if it is different in different parts of the country, but I am in the South which is TN to TX to FL.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
After 25 years I got 7 weeks vacation, 2 personal and a handful of Federal paid days off a year. NO paid sick days. My wife on the other hand always gave me a hard time about all the paid time I had off. She worked for the State and only had 4 weeks vacation a year. One year I kept track of paid days off for the both of us . Adding all her sick days, every Federal holiday and comp time to her vacation days she ended up with way more paid time off than I did and what was really nice is she could take it in as little as 15 minute increments anytime she wanted and not have to take a whole week at a time. We were both lucky enough to get lots of paid time off. That is not the norm in todays job market. I know people who only get 2 weeks off a year (UNPAID) after working at their jobs for 10 - 15 years.
My best friend delivers beer (he is a teamster). After 1 year you get 2 weeks. After 30 years still 2 weeks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I have been at UPS for 9 years and I have 2 full weeks and an Option Week of vacation. at 10 calendar years which would be 11 years for me I will get my 3 full week of vacation with the Option week, and every 5 calendar years which equals 6 years for me I will get an extra full week added. I don't know if it is different in different parts of the country, but I am in the South which is TN to TX to FL.
What in the world do you mean 5 calendar years but 6 for me? Are you a dog or something? Do you age faster than the normal human does?

MrWon

What in the world do you mean 5 calendar years but 6 for me? Are you a dog or something? Do you age faster than the normal human does?

Really you have to try and insult me. I didn't make the rules. Talk to the Teamsters. A calendar year is just that the entire length of the calendar this calendar year started the 2nd of January. If a seasonal employee starts work on the 5th they will essentially get screwed. when vacation time starts being acquired they end up getting screwed and have to wait another year for the vacation time to kick in. This happens to all seasonal employees in my hub. Most only find out about it when it happens. So the calendar year starts the day before my seniority date.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Really you have to try and insult me. I didn't make the rules. Talk to the Teamsters. A calendar year is just that the entire length of the calendar this calendar year started the 2nd of January. If a seasonal employee starts work on the 5th they will essentially get screwed. when vacation time starts being acquired they end up getting screwed and have to wait another year for the vacation time to kick in. This happens to all seasonal employees in my hub. Most only find out about it when it happens. So the calendar year starts the day before my seniority date.
You need to return your calendar. My calendar year started on January 1st and ends on December 31st. As for the other things you discuss, I lost you partner.