Senority

Clax777

The supervisor and manager always tell me no because he need me to run what I'm on because the others drivers can't get it done

Clax777

You can't just do it on your own. The shift supervisor will take care of it for you.
You can't just do it on your own. The shift supervisor will take care of it for you.
The supervisor and manager always tell me no because he need me to run what I'm on because the others drivers can't get it done

Clax777

You put on your big boy pants and say "I have more seniority, so I have the right to work over him."
I work everyday. The problem is that I'm swinging a different route just about everyday when there's 5 lower seniority driver that I've been doing the same route over a year and the excuse is that they can't handle any other route

Clax777

What are the specifics of what you want to bump them from? If they say no, work as instructed and grieve it later
I've manage to get sent out with 240 all resi everyday when they have lower seniority drivers go out with 170-190 all resi everyday. There excuse is they can't do it.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I've manage to get sent out with 240 all resi everyday when they have lower seniority drivers go out with 170-190 all resi everyday. There excuse is they can't do it.

I get what you're saying, but from personal experience, they're going to put the people who they know will do the work in the places they need them. If you're being assigned to these routes daily, there's not much you can do. If you're bidding them as a cover driver, then they'll still move you, but you grieve it, and hopefully after a few grievances they'll get the point.

BrownTexas

How do I properly bump someone with lower seniority? And if I'm told "no", how do I handle it professionally?
You tell them:
" I would like to exercise my right as a senior driver to run route __. I have more seniority than _____."

They give you whatever reason they want not allowing you to bump said driver.

"If I'm not allowed to use my seniority I will be filing a grievance."

They tell you the same excuse or a different one.

You work as instructed and file a grievance. I would have a shop steward with you as a witness.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1438134164.256749.jpg

ManInBrown

You have to push the issue, in a firm but professional manner. When I was cover they tried the same thing with me sometimes. I let it fly a few times and then I told them no more. If driver A knows what I'm on and I know what he's on, I'm bumping. Too bad if he can't get it done. Not my problem. They will walk all over you at this company if you lay down and allow it. The one caveat is the person you are bumping must know the route. You can't bump blind. There performance on said route is meaningless. Not your problem

BrownTexas

Area knowledge isn't an excuse if that's what they are using as one. I don't care if the guy I'm bumping knows it or not. He can learn it today.

Off topic here but in my building they posted a job saying it was a part time cover feeder driver and no one signed it but 2 people and they have been there maybe 6 months now the job had turned into a full time job and my boss and union rep is saying nothing can be done any thoughts??

No where on the bid sheet did it say anything about full time or anything like that we have guys been working preload 8 plus years that would have signed it if it said full time can they do this ?

atlastitan

I'm having a similar issue in the hub. I'm being taken off the pick so that a newer union employee from another area can do it while i load. I am gonna talk to the steward. Hate being stepped all over with dumb excuses.