Senority

Box Ox

4224998.jpg

In my experience, you are given the opportunity to stay for the shift longer based on senority. I.e. a year employee will be told you're good to go before a five year employee is. Oppositely, however, you're able to get off the clock faster if that is your desire.

UPSGUY72

For pt does senority gives you right to leave early or stay longer?

Seniority doesn't give you the right to leave early unless they ask you if you want to go. However they don't have to ask you they can just send the lowest guy home. Just like when they lay people off it starts at the bottom they don't ask the the top seniority person if they want to be laid off.

Seniority give you the right to work not not to work...

My center they start from the top and ask if you wanna go home or not and top people can stay longer if they chose too but everyone can get their guarantee no matter what though

UPSGUY72

My center they start from the top and ask if you wanna go home or not and top people can stay longer if they chose too but everyone can get their guarantee no matter what though

If you choose to go home before your guaranteed than your not entitled to your guaranteed. Your entitled to hrs worked. Why would they send someone home before there guaranteed hours are up but still pay them guaranteed it defeats the purpose of sending someone home as the only reason they send people home early is to save a little money.