sent home 4 days I'm a row from ups

I was sent home 4 days in a row from the ups factory...I've been there 5 weeks now...I know according to my rights they're required to give me at least 3 hr's daily...after 30 days but also I know according to seniority they send the newest guys home first when they are overstaffed....what should I do? I know both of the teamster reps\merchants at ups...should I mention it to 1 of them when they finally let me work? Or... Last but not least...my parents next door neighbor is the president of ups in our state...should i go directly to him? I'd prefer not dragging him into this if I can since he already helped get me the job...thanks for all your help guys :(

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I know guys thats what i said :\
5 weeks? Unless you got your 30 days in before Oct 15....which you did not...you have not gained seniority yet and are entitled to nothing. So, you go get the President of UPS neighbor and see what he can do for you!! By the way...can you tell him I'd like a tape gun for Christmas? Thanks!

Box Ox

I was sent home 4 days in a row from the ups factory...I've been there 5 weeks now...I know according to my rights they're required to give me at least 3 hr's daily...after 30 days

5 full weeks = 25 days worked. You might not be entitled to anything yet.

30 days before Oct 15? I thought it was 30 days in general :\ haha very funny as a driver helper we r always running out of tape guns too for open packages ugh

UPSGUY72

Come back after the 15th of Jan and tell us if your still working if so you would be considered permanent. They pick and choose who they keep so rocking the boat at this point an time probably isn't a good idea unless your intentions are to sink it.

Areyoukiddinme

best 2 weeks ever
well aside from the "factory/merchants/president" talk, if you have seniority and you are being sent make sure no one else with less seniority is working.and
we call them "buildings or centers/shop stewards/customer reps and oh i don't know regional manager?"

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I was sent home 4 days in a row from the ups factory...I've been there 5 weeks now...I know according to my rights they're required to give me at least 3 hr's daily...after 30 days but also I know according to seniority they send the newest guys home first when they are overstaffed....what should I do? I know both of the teamster reps\merchants at ups...should I mention it to 1 of them when they finally let me work? Or... Last but not least...my parents next door neighbor is the president of ups in our state...should i go directly to him? I'd prefer not dragging him into this if I can since he already helped get me the job...thanks for all your help guys :(

You need to march over to the
"President" of UPS and raise hell with
him. As soon as possible