Sent home for misloads..

HardknocksUPSer

I wholeheartedly agree that training is totally in adequate. It seems that supes tend to accept mediocrity. You shouldn't. When I get a new loader I hold them to a high standard because I want them to be the best loader on the preload. A loader can make or break my day.
I agree on that, and I want to be the best preloader in the building and I know I have the capability to be one of the best because I have the desire to do my job well but I'm not superman and peak is challenging for even the guys who have been doing it for years. I agree with everything you say. My loads look great and everything is nice and neat. I load them well enough I can make 350 peices fit and you'll still have a aisle to walk through after you take off the first bulk stop. The misloads just kill me. A good preloader isn't built in a day, neither was Rome.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Welll tomorrow's Saturday so no work tomorrow, maybe I can try to go in on Monday after the sups cool off alittle and hope they give it another shot, thanks for the help dan appreciate it!

What time does the preload start on Monday? I would hate for you to wake up early and come in at that time only to be told that you are not needed and that you come back later to help a driver or work the metro. If it were me I would call them today after the preload is down and ask them what your status is.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I've just been sent home for misloads. I know, not a honorable thing but the sup says it cost UPS loads and loads of money per misload and that it makes it not profitable. Is this true? Hope I get my job back one day..

I hope you are my preloader because I would welcome not running off 5 misloads a day finally !!!

No offense, if you get sent home in the middle of peak because of misloads, then you were doing a terrible job. UPS management doesn't do that in December unless they were forced to.

HardknocksUPSer

I hope you are my preloader because I would welcome not running off 5 misloads a day finally !!!

No offense, if you get sent home in the middle of peak because of misloads, then you were doing a terrible job. UPS management doesn't do that in December unless they were forced to.
Low volume today anyway, but no seriously I keep my trucks neat and clean it's just the misloads that kill me, I think I got sent home for some other reason besides misloads but misloads were the only thing they could find to fuss about because I do my job properly and try hard everyday. The misload was a excuse for them to send me home for some other reason IMO management does some strange head game things sometime.

HardknocksUPSer

What time does the preload start on Monday? I would hate for you to wake up early and come in at that time only to be told that you are not needed and that you come back later to help a driver or work the metro. If it were me I would call them today after the preload is down and ask them what your status is.
1:45 on Mondays and Wednesdays when volume is the highest, going in like nothing ever happened is ballsy but sometimes that's what management likes, 2 weeks ago management told a guy to do something or leave and he walked out, needless to say he got called back and told to come in, in the morning lol

You've Got Mail

Every day I have at least one misload on my truck, and find out one of my packages is on another truck. It's annoying, but I can understand why it happens. Until things become automated, it's going to keep happening.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
More often than not, PT preload sups set new hires up to fail as they don't take the time to invest in training them the right way. They would rather run through bodies and hope they get some that are self trainers of sorts.

SisyphUPS

You should be aware that your steward can better defend you for being slow than for misloads, so SLOW DOWN until your work is error-free. They can add more employees to keep up with the workload, but they won't if they can harass you into doing more and more. The misloads are unavoidable at such a pace, but excellent leverage to use against you and keep you afraid.
Talk to your steward. That's what he/she is there for.

snl blue

Sent home we have misloads daily, year round in our center nothing has ever happened here.They usually blame the driver when they have them for not sending them in or sheeting them up.The driver fixes the mistake in the end

HardknocksUPSer

Sent home we have misloads daily, year round in our center nothing has ever happened here.They usually blame the driver when they have them for not sending them in or sheeting them up.The driver fixes the mistake in the end
Wish that happened here lol I would rather work preload personally.

J

jibbs

he's putting you down ,they did it to me for misspelling a word they will do that a lot on here ..don't worry bout it people who have to put other people down for there flaws are no better in fact they probably stupid as a bag of hammers

And yet, they can put boxes on the trucks they're meant to go on.

Those :censored2:in' hammers are pretty smart, I guess... or.... maybe... we haven't raised the bar very high in this thread? You seem bitter, Dan. It's the weekend. Relax a little.

OP. Show up at start time and go to clock in. If your PIN still works, I think it's safe to say you've still got your job and your supe was just being a :censored2: today (or yesterday, whenever it happened.)

KEEP THE MISLOADS DOWN

Use a crayon. Circle the PALs. Before you walk into the truck, look at the placard (if you've got them) to double-check which truck you're walking into, and then look down and make sure the box(es) in your hand matches the truck before you walk in.

Once on the truck, write the truck number AND HIN/PAL number on the box. This way, every box you see on a truck is going to be like a waypoint, guiding you to the perfect spot on/under a shelf for any given package.

This will slow you down. It'll also make you much more accurate if that's your goal. That's what I had to start doing when I started [EDIT: at UPS] to get my misloads under control... I know it sounds like a bit much but, if misloads are your problem and you want to stop having them, this''ll help.

Last edited by a moderator: