Sent home for misloads..

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I agree on that, and I want to be the best preloader in the building and I know I have the capability to be one of the best because I have the desire to do my job well but I'm not superman and peak is challenging for even the guys who have been doing it for years. I agree with everything you say. My loads look great and everything is nice and neat. I load them well enough I can make 350 peices fit and you'll still have a aisle to walk through after you take off the first bulk stop. The misloads just kill me. A good preloader isn't built in a day, neither was Rome.
BS.... BS....BS...like Heff said...if they send you home, it's because you suck. Chances are...you might not be kept on after peak.

SCV good to go sir.

I agree on that, and I want to be the best preloader in the building and I know I have the capability to be one of the best because I have the desire to do my job well but I'm not superman and peak is challenging for even the guys who have been doing it for years. I agree with everything you say. My loads look great and everything is nice and neat. I load them well enough I can make 350 peices fit and you'll still have a aisle to walk through after you take off the first bulk stop. The misloads just kill me. A good preloader isn't built in a day, neither was Rome.

It seems like you might be putting a little too much time into making the truck neat at the cost of ensuring accurate loads (I did the same thing at first). As long as you have the loads on the correct shelf in relative order, the driver is going to find it. I would suggest putting a bit more time into ensuring accurate loads and not worry as much about how good the truck looks. The driver organizes the truck as he/she makes deliveries throughout the day, so putting too much time into a really good looking load is a waste of time for you. Slow down and get your misloads under control and then focus for the superb standard of neatness. Furthermore, if you feel you've had to make a significant compromise in organization, just give the driver a concise rundown of any irregularities in load. Communication with your driver (whether face to face or through marking the boxes) can go a long way for less than ideal looking loads.

If it makes you feel better, when I first started loading I had like 33 misloads at first. And if that's not bad enough, the full time sup told me they were going to keep me there because I was relatively accurate and had neat/sturdy loads compared to other guys in the building. Yeah... However, over time I eventually got to the point where I didn't have misloads anymore. Months later I ended up driver helping for the driver who had my 33 misloads, when he confirmed the pen number he was parked at, I realized it was the truck I loaded. I told him it was me and that I was new to the position at the time and apologized. He was cool about it (probably since he had a few months to cool off) and told me he respected me owning up to it. So just take it one box at a time and try not to get overwhelmed. It sounds like you're a good employee with a good attitude so just keep trying to do better, most sups will recognize that even if they chew you out.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I started out seasonal, been in for about a month now, I come to work early on time, everyday with a good attitude, work hard but I can't keep the misloads down, I mean it's tough when your expected to load 12-1300 packages a day, I try my best every single day and they know that, they tell me I'm a great worker and that they can tell I wana be there, sups say they have permanent positions open for the first of the year for the goood new hires, we have already went through tons of new hires just sense I've been there, most haven't made it or didn't have the willingness to try to make it, I have the will to make it and I want to make it but the misloads get me every single time no matter how hard I try. Only 4 other new hires are still there. I was told I can still work reload and driver helper.

Look. UPS isn't all that for you to be so apprehensive over. If it wasnt for circumstances, I wouldnt be here at UPS. There are way better jobs out there that isn't a requirement for you to break your back, breathe in nasty diesel gas, freeze in the winter, bake in the summer, get a 10 minute break then rush back to work. UPS is nothing but modern day slavery. The only reason why I'm here is to keep my options wide open while until I finish college and get a career.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Look. UPS isn't all that for you to be so apprehensive over. If it wasnt for circumstances, I wouldnt be here at UPS. There are way better jobs out there that isn't a requirement for you to break your back, breathe in nasty diesel gas, freeze in the winter, bake in the summer, get a 10 minute break then rush back to work. UPS is nothing but modern day slavery. The only reason why I'm here is to keep my options wide open while until I finish college and get a career.
Modern day slavery? Overly dramatic much?

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
From the driver's perspective, misloads are a major pain in the butt. They do cost UPS time and money. I usually run misloads at the end of the day when I am on overtime. Misloads will extend my day when I would rather be with my family. The sad thing is you seem to think eight misloads okay. It isn't. They can't make it any simpler. The PAL label will tell you what truck and what shelf. Also it is frustrating to dig through a load for a package only to find out it is on another driver. Do your job right and never accept mediocrity.

Yeah, like mixing pickups with send agains, chaining the handtruck around pickups, leaving airs in the truck - mixed with grounds. leaving the handtruck in the middle of the truck, dumping pickups on the floor while there is plenty of space on the shelf. Some drivers can be complete retards and/or lazy bums.

All Sports

No no don't get me wrong I know 8 is a lot, I don't have a great excuse for it, it's unacceptable to me and I take great grief over having misloads because I have goood friends who drive and I understand what it's like for them to have misloads so don't get me wrong, i fully understand it's unacceptable. I however do argue that I should have been hired months before peak (when I first applied) no response back the first attempt. And I also argue that after peak it's not going to be anywhere near the number of misloads, loading is hard and even the veterans have been having 2-4 a day. But I'm somehow held to a higher standard? I don't get that. Your only as good as your trained. I'm pretty sure peak isn't a good time to train.

I was in your shoes. You and I were hired around the same time this year, only difference, They hired me as part time not seasonal. I started out loading and busting my tail doing so, without failing to bag a few misloads or two, until one day they shipped me to primary.....blessing in disguise......It was love at first sight. Ask to be traded my friend.............you won't regret it

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Yeah, like mixing pickups with send agains, chaining the handtruck around pickups, leaving airs in the truck - mixed with grounds. leaving the handtruck in the middle of the truck, dumping pickups on the floor while there is plenty of space on the shelf. Some drivers can be complete retards and/or lazy bums.

Poor, sweet baby. Boo-freaking-hoo.

HBGPreloader

From the driver's perspective, misloads are a major pain in the butt. They do cost UPS time and money. I usually run misloads at the end of the day when I am on overtime. Misloads will extend my day when I would rather be with my family. The sad thing is you seem to think eight misloads okay. It isn't. They can't make it any simpler. The PAL label will tell you what truck and what shelf. Also it is frustrating to dig through a load for a package only to find out it is on another driver. Do your job right and never accept mediocrity.
If misloads cost UPS so much money, you would think they would actually worry about producing pal labels that you can actually read.
The new inkjet labels are a joke. And, the old ones aren't worth a darn if the printers aren't working correctly - which seems to be more often than not.
BTW, the record in our hub was ~30 misloads in one day. And, my personal best was 8.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I didn't realize attending ESL classes makes you a member of Mensa.

PT Car Washer

If misloads cost UPS so much money, you would think they would actually worry about producing pal labels that you can actually read.
The new inkjet labels are a joke. And, the old ones aren't worth a darn if the printers aren't working correctly - which seems to be more often than not.
BTW, the record in our hub was ~30 misloads in one day. And, my personal best was 8.
If misloads were such a problem preload would allow the loaders the time it takes to load the cars correctly. Instead just throw the boxes into the truck and get off the clock and let the PT sups finish up.

HardknocksUPSer

Modern day slavery? Overly dramatic much?
Modern slavery? Glad your life's a successful one and your fortunate enough to come from a family and a background to be able to afford to go to college, goood for you but I on the other hand appreciate my job, I'm thankful to be able to go do manual labor and I enjoy doing it, UPS can be a career, I don't know about you but from my neck of the woods $100,00 annually is a goood pay.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Modern slavery? Glad your life's a successful one and your fortunate enough to come from a family and a background to be able to afford to go to college, goood for you but I on the other hand appreciate my job, I'm thankful to be able to go do manual labor and I enjoy doing it, UPS can be a career, I don't know about you but from my neck of the woods $100,00 annually is a goood pay.
Excuse me...I didn't refer to my job as modern day slavery...the poster above my post did (see post #48)...and I was calling him a dramatic little girl. Feel
free to crawl out of my rectum anytime now...as you don't know the first GD thing about me or my background.