SENT HOME!!!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
How long do you have to work to qualify for unemployment?
Well, each state has different rules but normally it is based on quarters or a set amount of time prior to said layoff. Albeit, the OP did not work for UPS very long, he (I imagine) would have worked before coming to UPS and that would entitle him to collect during this layoff.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Ask or demand to work inside loading or unloading to keep your benefits and some money coming in. Also to see what is really going on. You do have contractual rights.

Maybe. The OP says he made his 40 but who knows for sure. He might not actually have made book and they are stringing him along until peak. He was sent home like 3 weeks ago. Strange that he hasn't talked to anyone or been called.

LongIslandNewbie

I wasn't technically laid off so can I really file for unemployment? The center managers exact words when he sent me home om my 40th day:

"You are in you did great. Go home today don't come in Monday and Call me on Tuesday. Its going to be a bit. " That was exactly 2 weeks tomorrow. He has not called me back after I left 2 messages, however my supervisor sent me a text that said and I quote "hang tight processing union paperwork could be a bit"

I reached out to a few local places for delivery but noting is quick around here, everything is background check etc.....

I just wish some of this was clear at the time I was hired. I am hopeful and counting on his word meaning something.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I wasn't technically laid off so can I really file for unemployment? The center managers exact words when he sent me home om my 40th day:

"You are in you did great. Go home today don't come in Monday and Call me on Tuesday. Its going to be a bit. " That was exactly 2 weeks tomorrow. He has not called me back after I left 2 messages, however my supervisor sent me a text that said and I quote "hang tight processing union paperwork could be a bit"

I reached out to a few local places for delivery but noting is quick around here, everything is background check etc.....

I just wish some of this was clear at the time I was hired. I am hopeful and counting on his word meaning something.

The "processing union paperwork" is a lie.

Find yourself work as a day laborer.

LongIslandNewbie

There is another driver at my center, he was 4 days ahead of me with making book, he has been home for 3 weeks now. He finally got a call today and was told a little longer.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

Show up in the Home Depot parking lot at 7:00 in the morning somebody will hire you

If you can speak a little Spanglish it might help