Serious Feeder Accident

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Guys

No offence. So sweat.

But it is a serious problem

Just like items being thrown over the sides of bridges on the interstates. We had a female driver had a cinder block dropped just as she went under. Never saw it coming. Had they aimed...............

You could imagine the damage to her by seeing that bulkhead.

d

backinbrown

respect my authority
Guys

No offence. So sweat.

But it is a serious problem

Just like items being thrown over the sides of bridges on the interstates. We had a female driver had a cinder block dropped just as she went under. Never saw it coming. Had they aimed...............

You could imagine the damage to her by seeing that bulkhead.

d

I just don't understand people throwing bricks off bridges wow

and suicide by cop and now suicide by ups or any driver rediculous

you want to hurt yourself that is one thing but imagine the emotional trauma some innocent driver will go through because of a selfish act.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yeah, I hear their dik diks are small. :rofl:

Yes, they are.

372361843_13656e27d9.jpg

I just don't understand people throwing bricks off bridges wow

and suicide by cop and now suicide by ups or any driver rediculous

you want to hurt yourself that is one thing but imagine the emotional trauma some innocent driver will go through because of a selfish act.

I think the whole point here, is the never really thought the whole thing through.:dissapointed:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
people throwing bricks off bridges
Brown

It was a 12 inch cinder block, not a brick. And it was tied to the bridge to make sure it did not drop below the windshield of the truck.

Steve, there was a lot of thought placed into this action, not just some practical joke no one thought through. They KNEW they would have the cinder block right at head or chest level of the driver. Only thing saved her life was she had started to change lanes.

Personally, I believe that is why she ended up leaving UPS. As late as we stay out after dark almost every night, it really messed with her mind.

d

backinbrown

respect my authority
Brown

It was a 12 inch cinder block, not a brick. And it was tied to the bridge to make sure it did not drop below the windshield of the truck.

Steve, there was a lot of thought placed into this action, not just some practical joke no one thought through. They KNEW they would have the cinder block right at head or chest level of the driver. Only thing saved her life was she had started to change lanes.

Personally, I believe that is why she ended up leaving UPS. As late as we stay out after dark almost every night, it really messed with her mind.

d

I know that it would affect me, that is too bad that this goes on i hope somehow they catch this person to me it is attempted murder

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Brown

d
I was talking about the suicide, not the brick, sorry for the confusion. Suicides never really think things through, as I'm sure they would use other means to lessen the impact of their decision. jmopo (just my own personal observation)

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Steve

People that take their own life many times feel that they have very few other choices. Sometimes having someone to talk to helps. Other times, even though they have a pretty good support system, they still feel like checking out is the best option.

Back years ago when I was working at the OR at the hospital saw several people come in that had tried. Several of them ended up succeeding. Others not. Some ended up in a vegetative state, others with major deformities. One that I will never forget tried to blow his head off with a shotgun. Used his fingers instead of his toes to push the trigger. Blew most of his face off. Last I heard they were still trying to build him a new face (jaw, mouth, tongue, most of the nose etc).

Each case is different. But for the most part they feel like death is the best or only answer.

d

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Steve

People that take their own life many times feel that they have very few other choices. Sometimes having someone to talk to helps. Other times, even though they have a pretty good support system, they still feel like checking out is the best option.

Back years ago when I was working at the OR at the hospital saw several people come in that had tried. Several of them ended up succeeding. Others not. Some ended up in a vegetative state, others with major deformities. One that I will never forget tried to blow his head off with a shotgun. Used his fingers instead of his toes to push the trigger. Blew most of his face off. Last I heard they were still trying to build him a new face (jaw, mouth, tongue, most of the nose etc).

Each case is different. But for the most part they feel like death is the best or only answer.

d

Kid you not, I saw a guy that looked like that on the NYC subway. I was thinking cancer got at his face and never thought it could've been something else or what you described. It was very haunting.

diesel96

Story is on the driver in Fla that it was suicide by UPS truck.

Shame, he not only died, but managed to screw up a drivers life as well.

So while something jumping out on front of you might bring snickers from some, it is a serious issue that does cause problems for drivers.

d

I see the truck in question when I TA at the WPB center, it still has a blue tarp covering the front end. The driver is back to work already and what I hear from the grapevine is doing ok. He's a season veteran and basically, there's nothing he could have done to avoid this except called in option 3 that evening....

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
This was a suicide? Thats a shame the feeder driver dumped his set. He shoulda took a deep breath, held the wheel and steady on the fuel (controlled lane change-not cut the wheel and flip the trailers)and if avoiding wasn't an option just took down the nutcase just like taking down a deer. Everything could be sorted out after the fact. The bottom line is the only thing that matters is that I get to go home at the end of my night. I'll tell you what, in that situation I'm not dying just because someone else wants to. Sorry.

This was a suicide? Thats a shame the feeder driver dumped his set. He shoulda took a deep breath, held the wheel and steady on the fuel (controlled lane change-not cut the wheel and flip the trailers)and if avoiding wasn't an option just took down the nutcase just like taking down a deer. Everything could be sorted out after the fact. The bottom line is the only thing that matters is that I get to go home at the end of my night. I'll tell you what, in that situation I'm not dying just because someone else wants to. Sorry.

Ever have some one jump out in front of you with only a few feet to spare? I really doubt you could stop from jerking the wheel. I understand what you are saying and in my mind, setting here at a desk typing on a keyboard can say I would do the same thing that you mentioned. But unless it is actually happening to you you don't know what you CAN do.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Ever have some one jump out in front of you with only a few feet to spare? I really doubt you could stop from jerking the wheel. I understand what you are saying and in my mind, setting here at a desk typing on a keyboard can say I would do the same thing that you mentioned. But unless it is actually happening to you you don't know what you CAN do.

I don't think you guys are talking about the same feeder collision. One was in Texas, the other in Boynton Beach Florida.

In mho, I believe that if you make up your mind in advance, that you can be sure what you'll do when the event happens.

I don't think you guys are talking about the same feeder collision. One was in Texas, the other in Boynton Beach Florida.
We may not be talking about the exact same collision, my post was more about suicide by UPS truck and FD06's statement sounding as if avoiding it would be easy. or that's the way I took it.

In mho, I believe that if you make up your mind in advance, that you can be sure what you'll do when the event happens.
I agree that it would be easier to make corrective measures if planned for, but the reaction will still be there, hopefully in a lesser degree.

Oh and FD06...please don't think that I am minimizing the job you guys and gals do. I have no illusions that being a feeder driver is as easy as it sounds. There is a reason I don't work in Feeders.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
I can't say that I have had a person jump out in front of me but I have had deer come out of nowhere(its very startling just as a person would be) and I just plowed them. I attempted to move over one lane once with a deer but the way I handled it was just a normal lane change and the deer followed me. I drive thru New York City on the CBX every night with a set of doubles 72000 lbs and every night I have 4 wheelers do ridiculous stuff all around me and I hold my ground. It is amazing that no one has bounced off of me or has ended up underneath of my kite. But I can say from this I have made up my mind and am prepared for the worse and will do what ever it takes to not dump my set because it could get real ugly then. *hopes he never has to go there*

I can't say that I have had a person jump out in front of me but I have had deer come out of nowhere(its very startling just as a person would be) and I just plowed them. I attempted to move over one lane once with a deer but the way I handled it was just a normal lane change and the deer followed me. I drive thru New York City on the CBX every night with a set of doubles 72000 lbs and every night I have 4 wheelers do ridiculous stuff all around me and I hold my ground. It is amazing that no one has bounced off of me or has ended up underneath of my kite. But I can say from this I have made up my mind and am prepared for the worse and will do what ever it takes to not dump my set because it could get real ugly then. *hopes he never has to go there*
I hope you don't either.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

Oh brother do I feel for you. I hate the CBX! Prayers for all your runs, Driver!