serious question

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Good post Tie.

Tie, if a second tracking number was shown with the same result, would that make it easier to pinpoint what happened where? And perhaps more importantly, by whom?

tieguy

Banned
Good post Tie.

Tie, if a second tracking number was shown with the same result, would that make it easier to pinpoint what happened where? And perhaps more importantly, by whom?

LP will work off the lost merchandise claim. cell phones are a known problem and thier claims are getting a lot of attention. If this loader in SDFAS is hitting two phones going to the same destination on the same day then he's setting off all kinds of flares in SDFAS.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
T-mobile typically 1DSaver and very flimsy packaging. Also makes for easy steals, which is mentioned already.

Chances are the last physical scan is where the package is presently, not the logical ones.

Jamjamz, your problem is with T-Mobile not UPS. You are paying them for a phone, THEY owe you a phone. Cut and dried. They don't want to send you another phone for obvious reasons but the bottom line is they OWE YOU that phone. The problem with UPS is T-Mobile's problem, not your's.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
T-mobile typically 1DSaver and very flimsy packaging. Also makes for easy steals, which is mentioned already.

Chances are the last physical scan is where the package is presently, not the logical ones.

I thought the shipper number looked familiar, it probably came from my Hub. T-Mobile has a warehouse in LaGrange, Ga., it probably originated there. It moved from there to Forest Park Hub, then gets sent to the Atlanta Airport Gateway before it got sorted in Louisville. My Hub handles T-Mobile returns through Supply Chain Solutions. They have been a packaging and theft problem, UPS got the account after simular theft problems at Fedex and DHL. They used to list the model number on the side, we finally got them to shrink wrap the flimsy boxes and they use white plastic bags a lot now. They keep our LP people busy.

jamjamz

okay i took some screenshots of my tracking info and the other guys tracking info
as you can see they are pretty much exactly the same
ups1.jpg
ups2.jpg

tieguy

Banned
I couldn't read em. there is still a chance the smalls bag is sitting somewhere. My guys sometimes find small packages in trailers when doing yard checks.

But a highly visibile poorly packed t-mobile phone does set off flares.

jd627

Hi I'm Josh, and I'm the other guy with the same situation.... When I talked to T-Mobile about it they said they would send me a new phone right away, and that UPS was going to pay for the lost phone.

According to the guy at the Las Vegas warehouse he said no one ever had the package and it was still back at it's original location.........

I think the interesting thing is that both of us are from Vegas, and the same exact thing happened, so I'm not sure that someone would happen to steal two phones going to the same location? I think thats a little bit of a coincidence?

jamjamz

I couldn't read em. there is still a chance the smalls bag is sitting somewhere. My guys sometimes find small packages in trailers when doing yard checks.

But a highly visibile poorly packed t-mobile phone does set off flares.

if you click on them they will get bigger

jd627

tmobile is making me wait for my claim to be processed before they'll send me a new phone

Tell them that you know someone in the same situation and that they got a reorder right away, so you know it can happen.

I got my conformation text this morning for my new order.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
I thought the shipper number looked familiar, it probably came from my Hub. T-Mobile has a warehouse in LaGrange, Ga., it probably originated there. It moved from there to Forest Park Hub, then gets sent to the Atlanta Airport Gateway before it got sorted in Louisville. My Hub handles T-Mobile returns through Supply Chain Solutions. They have been a packaging and theft problem, UPS got the account after simular theft problems at Fedex and DHL. They used to list the model number on the side, we finally got them to shrink wrap the flimsy boxes and they use white plastic bags a lot now. They keep our LP people busy.

I noticed the shrink wrap, a few years ago that started popping up. Before that it was worse as there was no shrink wrap, plus the boxes are not taped, they are flapped. (iirc)

A

anonymous6

okay i took some screenshots of my tracking info and the other guys tracking info
as you can see they are pretty much exactly the same

Your question has been answered several times. It is the shippers responsibility to handle this claim and it will take time.

Regardless, I understand your frustration. We ship 12,000,000 packages a day and I know this won't make you feel better , but we do have a better track record than anyone else in the business.

Please keep us informed . Good luck.

Solargirl

Your package somewhere along the way was not scanned and ended up in the UPS SPACE,, Will it ever re surface ??? perhaps it will... Your tracking info is Physical ( the package itself ) vs. Logical ( Where its suppose to go) Was the ball dropped ? YES are you getting the run around from the 800#... Yes with everyone else... Good luck !!

jd627

Anyone else think that jamjamz and jd627 are one in the same?

Yeah you know what you're right you caught me. Me and the Jamjam girl are the same person. And We, I mean I just decided I was completely bored and had nothing else to do with my life other than come on the random UPS forum with 10 people, and completely make up a story about how I never got my sidekick from UPS, and then I actually created screen shots of each order that were down to the tee perfect, and I also created fake tracking numbers, and then I created a second person that was in the same situation just for fun to stir all ten of you up.

I can't believe you cracked the code 'UpstateNYUPSer' I mean really what's your address so I can send you a certificate of achievement? or a plaque I'm still not sure which one yet, I've been in between the two since I first decided to come on this forum and completely make up this story.

Let me know :]