Seriously Considering Quitting Smoking?

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
LTC
Thanks for the input. For now, I think I'll just leave them alone. I haven't craved a cigarette in years and don't now. Just an intriguing"what if" mental exercise.

Oh ok I see, I misread your post and didn't realize you have quit. Congrats! There's no point in e-cigs if you, or anyone else, have already successfully quit.

DS

Fenderbender
Quitting is a piece of cake as long as you distract yourself from "smoking situations",

For example.......if every morning you pour a cup of coffee and head for the e-mail and light up....don't !!
You can pour the coffee, but go to your favorite chair to sip your coffee and read the paper. Turning pages will keep your fingers busy.
Maybe after dinner, instead of lighting up.......put your coffee in a to-go cup and walk around a couple blocks. The feelings to smoke do pass in a few mins.

It goes without saying, put away all ashtrays and packs of cigs. I still have 2 packs of cigs. in a zip loc bag and I put them there Sept of '08. They are there if I want them. I don't !! Do it cold turkey and realize they say it's harder than stopping cocaine.
I smoked for 48 years. People have used Nicorette to quit and one year later, they are hooked on the Nicorette and it's expensive stuff.
Maybe put the cig. money in a coffee can and go to dinner once a month with the other half..

Joyce,I am finally gonna try to quit.
I am taking Champix ® to try to help myself along.
I wouldn't think those 2 packs of smokes in a baggie
you have stashed would taste very good even to a sailor.

My quit date is Monday the 17th.
Then I'll work on my cocaine habit :) JK

upschuck

Joyce,I am finally gonna try to quit.
I am taking Champix ® to try to help myself along.
I wouldn't think those 2 packs of smokes in a baggie
you have stashed would taste very good even to a sailor.

My quit date is Monday the 17th.
Then I'll work on my cocaine habit :) JK
UPS nurse does NOT want to know if you are taking Chantix for smoking. Had a person on trying to get off TAW and was talking to nurse about quitting, and she said something like you're not taking Chantix, are you? something about messing with sleep patterns or something.

DS

Fenderbender
Well kids,smoke free 1 week now.I like it.
When I feel like smoking,,I take a deep breath.
Taking Champix. week 3.No significant weird side affects except
some pretty wicked colorful dreams.
If I'd have known it was this easy I would've
quit years ago.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You deserve a "pat on the back", but don't get too comfortable........Even after more than 5 years, I want one every morning with my coffee !! As you can see, keeping my hands busy at 3:15 A.M. , having coffee and choosing not to smoke.

Yay us !!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bob Newhart had an entire comedy routine about the start of smoking......Sir Walter Raleigh's take on it. It would still be funny today.

Skip ad after 5 seconds...

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I have been smoke free for almost two years. I went the Chantix route and that is some good stuff. I still want one now and again but I am stronger than the craving. Good luck and be strong.