Seriously, How do you obtain a hand cart for your package car?

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

How do you get your hand cart for your package car?

and

In your opinion, whose responsibility is it to see that you have a hand cart in your package car?

Sincerely,
I

oldngray

nowhere special
Usually my center would tell you to go steal one out of someone else's car. Ones in the shop are the first place to look, then look at ones parked outside. Its not as if UPS would order a new one for everyone.

T

Turdferguson

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

and

In your opinion, whose responsibility is it to see that you have a hand cart in your package car?

Sincerely,
I
There are a couple of way to get a hand cart. Walk around and find one laying about the building, or steal one from one of the drivers car who come in two seconds before start time.
It is the drivers responsibility to see if he needs one, and managents responibility to furnish one
Courage
Turd

Sent using BrownCafe App

Integrity

Binge Poster
There are a couple of way to get a hand cart. Walk around and find one laying about the building, or steal one from one of the drivers car who come in two seconds before start time.
It is the drivers responsibility to see if he needs one, and managents responibility to furnish one
Courage
Turd

turdferguson,

It is my opinion that every driver needs to have access to one in case it is needed during the day.

What criteria do you use to determine that you either need one or not on a given day?

Sincerely,
I

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

and

Sincerely,
I
If a driver is not a :censored2:..I will gladly steal one out of another truck for him.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Cosmo1,

According to the contract all the driver has to do is request that the package car they use be equipped with a hand cart. The package car should then have a hand cart installed securely in the required hand cart mounting brackets.

I personally recommend that this request be put in writing.

Sincerely,
I

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Cosmo1,

According to the contract all the driver has to do is request that the package car they use be equipped with a hand cart. The package car should then have a hand cart installed securely in the required hand cart mounting brackets.

Sincerely,
I

Since you obviously know the procedure to obtain a handcart, why in the h*ll did you start this inane thread?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Since you obviously know the procedure to obtain a handcart, why in the h*ll did you start this inane thread?
cosmo1,

I started the thread because of comments made in the thread about the driver on video.

A lot was mentioned about hand carts so I thought I would start a thread on it.

I am glad to see that you are very interested in Integrity and the discussion threads that I start.

Thanks!

Sincerely,
I

LKLND3380

Cosmo1,

Sincerely,
I
Handcart mounting brackets???? While loading a package car, I will place in the doorway and at the end of the sort place it upright in front of the 4000 shelf. If the driver supplied a bungee cord to hold it - great. I never heard of mounting brackets...

Integrity

Binge Poster
Handcart mounting brackets???? While loading a package car, I will place in the doorway and at the end of the sort place it upright in front of the 4000 shelf. If the driver supplied a bungee cord to hold it - great. I never heard of mounting brackets...
LKLND3380,

Article 18 Section 14 paragraph 3 of the Teamsters National Master United Parcel Service Agreement references "mounting brackets to secure hand carts".

Sincerely,
I

Geo926

Our hub got 2 full skids in the other day. It was like Christmas morning. Couldn't break that tape off fast enough. Besides that lucky instance, if there isn't one on the truck and you're a split driver, ask other fellow drivers where it is stashed on the route.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If a driver is not a :censored2:..I will gladly steal one out of another truck for him.

Hand trucks are really none of your concern.

In my center it is up to the driver to make sure he/she has the equipment that they need to do their job, including a hand cart. Most of us have used a Sharpie to write our last names on the plate just below the handle. New carts are snapped up almost as soon as they come off the truck.