Setting up ORION correctly

ArcherUTR

Eventually your on-road sups will click the option for ORION to do as little as possible.

But bad pick up times/compliance and unreasonable time allowances will still :censored2: it up some days.

My Mgr. rode with me on a rte thats not even mine,He told me it was just an "Orion Efficiency Test" Why he wanted to go with me & not the regular driver is interesting but the moral of the story is after about a 1 hour debacle with orion he had me drop him off & told me to do the rte the fastest way i know how.

AKCoverMan

My ORION OJS got off the first day, and dropped me off the second.
Dropped you off? What, and finished the route (I'm assuming in perfect ODO trace and within planned miles)?

Somehow I think I am misunderstanding you based on all I've read about ORION implementations.

Hasn't made it here yet. Nary a word about it. I wouldn't even know it existed if not for BC!

mdnj88

In my center they only care about going to first stop. Had Orion 3 months now. We all crush Orion doing it our own way. Heavy commercial/pickup center

SCV good to go sir.

Today Orion had me break off from a tract and waste about an hour to deliver several stops at another tract (that I would have to go back to later) before sending me back to the original tract.

I did it, looking forward to them bringing it up to me.

Grey

In my center they only care about going to first stop. Had Orion 3 months now. We all crush Orion doing it our own way. Heavy commercial/pickup center

Same here. They only stress the first stop at PCM every morning. I switch to RDO everyday after I login and nobody has said anything. They know it's whack.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Today Orion had me break off from a tract and waste about an hour to deliver several stops at another tract (that I would have to go back to later) before sending me back to the original tract.

I did it, looking forward to them bringing it up to me.

Were these residential or commercial stops? If they were resis why didn't you just wait until you had finished the area that you were in before going over to that area?

Orion is not meant to be followed stop for stop.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Were these residential or commercial stops? If they were resis why didn't you just wait until you had finished the area that you were in before going over to that area?

Wow! That's not what I expected to hear from you. Me - I had the Orion guy back a month, maybe 2 now. They rode with me 2 days. 1 with a cover driver. I have followed it stop for stop. Since. It has made my stop count drop and my miles have been cut up to 20 miles. So far Orion is fantastic. It has done exactly what I told them would happen. Can't wait till x Mas now. I'm really having fun. It changes everyday. I have no idea what way I'm going. Not boring. No pressure to be here or there. Follow the list. Don't worry about it. The pressure is on them. To make sure I don't need a meet for pick ups.

Anthonysg0113

At my center when Orion was implemented, all we were told was to reduce miles. Now it's all about trace percentage. Wasn't it created to save miles and or fuel?

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
At my center when Orion was implemented, all we were told was to reduce miles. Now it's all about trace percentage. Wasn't it created to save miles and or fuel?
It is said to save miles, but we have drivers following Orion close to 100% and going 10 15 even 20 miles over the plan and they are heroes.

On the other hand a driver can follow trace about 70% and beat the Orion miles by 20 and they will get a talking to the next day, and even threatened with a warning letter.

It makes zero sense, but the higher ups can only follow so much and it much easier to just look at trace percentage then actual miles on each route, so that is what they focus on.

SCV good to go sir.

It was resi. The past two days have seen light and juicy loads so I experimented with following Orion 100% even on the absurd stuff like the aforementioned break. I wouldn't do what I did if I felt it would compromise service.

mdnj88

They praise both. If you beat miles, great job. If you got better than 90% that also gets a good job. They can't make up their mind. They scream about going to first stop and that if you need it changed tell them before you leave. I barely ever go to first stop, I follow rdo and I beat Orion miles by 2-5 every day on a 50 mile route

Overpaid Union Thug

Other than the "Your ORION miles are....." message ORION hasn't been mentioned here in a very long time. We haven't even had it a year. The first stop metric was the last one they tried. Most of our drivers are over the ORION miles everyday.

Grey

Other than the "Your ORION miles are....." message ORION hasn't been mentioned here in a very long time. We haven't even had it a year. The first stop metric was the last one they tried. Most of our drivers are over the ORION miles everyday.

Any chance some centers aren't forced to stress it on their drivers as much as others?