Sf Bay to LA run? Why r independent contractors gonna do this work?

TheDick

PCM D by business development that the GSO and On Track volume has doubled so ups has to do something about it and that is the sSF bay to LA one day ground run. To regain volume lost drivers are to alert BD yadahyadah. The kicker is ICC's will pick it up and deliver it.
Really? REALLY.?!

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
PCM D by business development that the GSO and On Track volume has doubled so ups has to do something about it and that is the sSF bay to LA one day ground run. To regain volume lost drivers are to alert BD yadahyadah. The kicker is ICC's will pick it up and deliver it.
Really? REALLY.?!
We're too heavy anyway

raceanoncr

So we should turn away volume?

Well, YES.

Yrs ago, whilst a struggling-to-gain-seniority feeder driver, I was upstairs waiting for dispatch. Feeder supe was on phone to customer trailer pickup. Supe said, and I quote, I was there, "We wish you wouldn't ship so much. We can't handle it here".

I wanted to jump the counter and strangle that maroon. Yes, maroon. He went on to become Div Mangler.

Northbaypkg

20 NDA stops daily
Well, YES.

Yrs ago, whilst a struggling-to-gain-seniority feeder driver, I was upstairs waiting for dispatch. Feeder supe was on phone to customer trailer pickup. Supe said, and I quote, I was there, "We wish you wouldn't ship so much. We can't handle it here".

I wanted to jump the counter and strangle that maroon. Yes, maroon. He went on to become Div Mangler.

Sounds like this lazy ass cover driver who did my route one day. I came back and one of my heavy pickups told me the cover driver suggested that they 'switch to FedEx for pickup'. I wanted to give that lazy mother a swift kick in his mouth. Can't stand folks who are so lazy they only think of themselves and not the big picture that will eventually affect them anyway.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Wu*?

So we should turn away volume?
I didn't say that. But when we have 4 or 5 routes everyday that are left behind, constantly leaving the building well after 9. Just saying is all. What @Wally said "Hire". But when every new hire goes out on injury 6 months on the job, getting destroyed. What can you do

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I didn't say that. But when we have 4 or 5 routes everyday that are left behind, constantly leaving the building well after 9. Just saying is all. What @Wally said "Hire". But when every new hire goes out on injury 6 months on the job, getting destroyed. What can you do
Feeder guys getting hurt? Did the fork poke a eye or something?

Last edited:

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
I'm out of the Bay Area and we too were told of this. Two weeks ago are ill informed BD was at our PCM telling us that "Eureka, LA is now only one day in transit". He went on saying to spread the word. So like good soliders we did. Only to have him come last week and say it's only for new volume and that it's not up and running yet cause there's not enough volume. WTF are they talking about. Not enough volume....LA is one of our largest areas of volume for pickup volume. Years sho we had Fox Racing as a pick up that required LA in one day, so to accommodate them we ran dedicated feeder runs with their trailers to hubs down south that could process the volume for LA in one day. Sad that we are being out done by these two bit regional carriers. Management should be embarrassed.