SFA Informational Meetings

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Isn't it interesting that management has to hold meetings for us in order to "understand" the questions on the SFA? At ours, there was lots of talk about capital investment in new planes and vehicles, and a big spin on how we don't understand everything the company is doing for us. What an effing joke. Our managers were obviously speaking from a scripted outline, and not doing a very convincing job of bloviating upon our wonderful careers and compensation.

Don't even bother taking it. This company is beyond sad.

Goldilocks

Isn't it interesting that management has to hold meetings for us in order to "understand" the questions on the SFA? At ours, there was lots of talk about capital investment in new planes and vehicles, and a big spin on how we don't understand everything the company is doing for us. What an effing joke. Our managers were obviously speaking from a scripted outline, and not doing a very convincing job of bloviating upon our wonderful careers and compensation.

Don't even bother taking it. This company is beyond sad.

We are having a cookout tomorrow! Lol

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
This is the 6th year in a row that we're not supposed to take it, sending a message to the company that will make FDX realize the error of its ways and give everyone $40/hour.

It's like waiting on the Great Pumpkin.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This is the 6th year in a row that we're not supposed to take it, sending a message to the company that will make FDX realize the error of its ways and give everyone $40/hour.

And taking the SFA solves all of our problems at work. Rrrrright!

Get your head out of your ass.

Last edited:

hypo hanna

Who said not taking it in mass was going to result in fedex changing policies? Usually the discussion centers on how it benefits the company but consistantly fails to do anything to benefit the hourly employee.
That is the reason why I don't take it. It's a waste of my time. Year after year FedEx will cherry pick one or two items of minor importance to address then compleaty gloss over more serious issues. Try and bring up subjects like compensation or benefits during the follow up meeting and you will get a canned response and a whole lot of "We are working on it", or "we will get back to you." If, (big if), they get back to you, its almost always another version of the same canned tripe. It's a pointless excercise that only serves managements need to know the mood of the hourly.

59 Dano

And taking the SFA solves all of our problems at work. Rrrrright!

Get your head out of your ass.

I never said it solved anything, just like not taking it doesn't solve anything. Comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong point.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I never said it solved anything, just like not taking it doesn't solve anything. Comprehension doesn't appear to be your strong point.

Not taking it sends the message that it is a worthless exercise. Comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong point.

overflowed

The other day when we went to ours, the senior sounded so desperate. All verbatim stuff from the masters. Told us ups doesn't really make more than you guys. Can you here the laughter WTF?

Last edited:

overflowed

My question is though, why do they feel the need to placate us for a month during sfa? So all the sudden we have a budget to do these things now that your ass is on the line? Do they have any idea how much worse it makes the company look? Hopefully our friendly neighborhood company people here can tell them. But, they will not, because all management doesn't want to make waves and get in possible trouble. This is the systemic problem with our company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The other day when we went to ours, the senior sounded so desperate. All verbatim stuff from the masters. Told us ups doesn't really make more than you guys. Can you here the laughter WTF?

LIE!! A topped-out UPS driver makes approximately $34 per hour right now, not including benefits. Feeder drivers make even more. I also believe that by the end of the contract it's about $37 per hour. No market level scam, and they have an excellent retirement, as in a real pension, not a pretend one like we have.

Managers are just mouthing what Memphis wants them to say. They are all butt puppets.

hypo hanna

As if we don't meet their drivers while we are out on our routes. Was this guy ever a driver?

59 Dano

Not taking it sends the message that it is a worthless exercise. Comprehension doesn't seem to be your strong point.

And in the years that you and others have advocated that no one take the SFA, what has the company done in response?

dezguy

I was talking with a Purolator driver a few months back. He was talking about how, at the beginning of this year, they were going to be the highest paid in the industry up here. That didn't sound right so I did some research and sure enough, this being the final year of their current contract, they move to $1 and change more an hour than UPS who is $.37 more than those who are lucky enough to actually hit top rate at FedEx. UPS' contract is up this year here so I fully expect them to get a nice wage hike.

When I told my manager my findings he laughed it off and told me UPS and Purolator don't get the perks we get. Perks? What perks? In less than a year we will go from being $.37 behind UPS; At top rate to being the lowest paid of the big 3 courier services in Canada by almost a $1.50 an hour.

whenIgetthere

I was talking with a Purolator driver a few months back. He was talking about how, at the beginning of this year, they were going to be the highest paid in the industry up here. That didn't sound right so I did some research and sure enough, this being the final year of their current contract, they move to $1 and change more an hour than UPS who is $.37 more than those who are lucky enough to actually hit top rate at FedEx. UPS' contract is up this year here so I fully expect them to get a nice wage hike.

When I told my manager my findings he laughed it off and told me UPS and Purolator don't get the perks we get. Perks? What perks? In less than a year we will go from being $.37 behind UPS; At top rate to being the lowest paid of the big 3 courier services in Canada by almost a $1.50 an hour.

Isn't Splish Splash worth the 10 to 20 bucks less that we make than UPS? Another manager with his/her head right up their butt!

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I don't even know what splish splash is... Must not be available up here.
oh D, you're going to have to take a vacation down here sometime. You don't know what you're missing! ( just make sure it's between November and May - that's when our fantastic discount is valid)