SFA Posters

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Every station has the SFA posters that come out like clockwork every month and "discuss" one component of the SFA. I actually read these, and do you know what message I receive? That "nothing is wrong", and by endlessly repeating the same old song and dance, that we'll continue to swallow the crap. They have changed NOTHING, and are pushing the exact same message that tries to convince us of just how "great" we've got it at FedEx. They must really think we are complete morons.

All that has changed is the way it's been packaged. Now it's on a freaking poster...SO WHAT!! How is it possible that an upper management team can be so completely clueless? Amazing...it really is.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The Head maroon. You're right, he's either completely clueless or one hell of a liar. How about both?

MT3 "We need to show our customers the Purple Promise more than ever so we will being to start cutting routes."

W*T*friend*3? :angry:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
MT3 "We need to show our customers the Purple Promise more than ever so we will being to start cutting routes."

W*T*friend*3? :angry:

Upper management "logic" at work. They're more worried about gap times and what looks good on reports rather than providing a superior experience for the customer. MT3 missed his calling. He could have been the next Benny Hinn.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Upper management "logic" at work. They're more worried about gap times and what looks good on reports rather than providing a superior experience for the customer. MT3 missed his calling. He could have been the next Benny Hinn.

Or the next Bozo the clown.

radar

SFA is nothing but a joke.... My manager receives low scores 2 years in a row...... HELLO..... there is something wrong here......
We do the survey..... do the feedback....... we never see the action plan...... way wrong.

FedEx2000

SFA is nothing but a joke.... My manager receives low scores 2 years in a row...... HELLO..... there is something wrong here......
We do the survey..... do the feedback....... we never see the action plan...... way wrong.

Action plan should/supposed to be posted somewhere in the station for everyone to see....not supposed to be a big secret, sounds like your mgr either isn't doing it or just doesn't care. Explains the poor scores 2 years in a row......

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Action plan should/supposed to be posted somewhere in the station for everyone to see....not supposed to be a big secret, sounds like your mgr either isn't doing it or just doesn't care. Explains the poor scores 2 years in a row......

"Action Plans" are a joke, because most managers say all the right things and then do nothing to follow-through. This resembles the logic behind the SFA posters, which is to make a bunch of empty promises and then don't deliver on said promise(s). Year after year. For the first time ever, I've heard there is at least one station in the Western Region where the employees are re-taking the SFA. Very strange indeed.

quadro

"Action Plans" are a joke, because most managers say all the right things and then do nothing to follow-through. This resembles the logic behind the SFA posters, which is to make a bunch of empty promises and then don't deliver on said promise(s). Year after year. For the first time ever, I've heard there is at least one station in the Western Region where the employees are re-taking the SFA. Very strange indeed.
Not strange at all. When a manager receives below a certain score their group often has to resurvey around this time of year.

FedEx courier

Can you explain where the SFA scores go and the process behind the processing of the scores. If this is truly an anonymous survey then where do the results go and why can the SFA results be broken down by the managers into how many employees scored them a certain way. If the survey is truly anonymous I would think an outside entity would handle the results and report them back to FedX.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Can you explain where the SFA scores go and the process behind the processing of the scores. If this is truly an anonymous survey then where do the results go and why can the SFA results be broken down by the managers into how many employees scored them a certain way. If the survey is truly anonymous I would think an outside entity would handle the results and report them back to FedX.

I assume your SFA is similar to our ERI (Employee Relations Index) which I was asked to take last week. It used to be every employee took it but in a cost-saving initiative they now randomly select employees to take it. When we log in to take it we are asked to input our employee ID# and location--this is how they track our results to the center level and may be what is happening with your SFA.

radar

No resurveying here, I think SFA is a TOTAL joke and an insult to our intelligence. I really think that Fred S is a good candidate for the show "under cover boss".
If you ever watch this show, the bosses go undercover to the front line jobs and find out how their people are really treated by these dictator type bosses Fed Ex has.

FedEx2000

Not strange at all. When a manager receives below a certain score their group often has to resurvey around this time of year.

Quadro is correct, resurvey happens all the time. Last year my entire district did a resurvey, not just any specific manager/station, regardless of their SFA score.

FedEx2000

I honestly have no idea where they go, but I assume someone high up in HR is handling it. You have to log in to take it, otherwise there would be no way to roll up a workgroup's answers to a specific manager.....it would just be as a whole. I wish it were handled a little differently, such as having the employee just select which manager they report to rather than logging in with their password, that way there would be less concern about the anonymity of it all. I can tell you first hand that the individual scores/answers people give get no where near the station, or even district level. I'm sure there is a small group of people in MEM that have access to it, but beyond that no, it would destroy what little credibility may or may not remain with the SFA (depending who you ask) if the scores were available to mgmt. If mgrs had access to it, you would have heard by now, since most can't keep there mouths shut about anything that they are supposed to.

radar

During our "feedback" (BS) meeting... our manager provided us with a copy of the results to each question. Dismal scores.... more than 50% unfavorable.... 2 years in a row and he still employed?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Quadro is correct, resurvey happens all the time. Last year my entire district did a resurvey, not just any specific manager/station, regardless of their SFA score.

How does someone who is a "courier" (quadro), have so much knowledge about corporate policies and procedures? Any anti-FedEx posts by myself or others get an "informed" corporate response from our resident apologist. It makes one wonder...a lot.

FedEx2000

How does someone who is a "courier" (quadro), have so much knowledge about corporate policies and procedures? Any anti-FedEx posts by myself or others get an "informed" corporate response from our resident apologist. It makes one wonder...a lot.

Maybe he is a former manager, has a good friend in mgmt, reads the People Manual.....I don't know, but he's right about the resurvey deal.

quadro

Why is it that you can be right about everything but I cannot be right about anything? That's rhetorical by the way so don't bother answering. The thing is, I actually take the time to read and understand policies so I know how they are supposed to be applied. That way I know if I'm being treated differently than what is in policy. As I've said before, I really don't care whether someone is pro- or anti-union, pro- or anti-FedEx, etc., I just want people to make informed decisions and not take the word of some union plant. I don't want them taking my word either. Hopefully when they read enough here they will at least think about researching further to make sure they have accurate info.

If you were really as "informed" as you claim, then you would know that there aren't really any big secrets at FedEx. As FedEx2000 pointed out, managers have a hard time keeping their mouths shut. Which is fine by me as I actively listen so that I can understand what is going on.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Why is it that you can be right about everything but I cannot be right about anything? That's rhetorical by the way so don't bother answering. The thing is, I actually take the time to read and understand policies so I know how they are supposed to be applied. That way I know if I'm being treated differently than what is in policy. As I've said before, I really don't care whether someone is pro- or anti-union, pro- or anti-FedEx, etc., I just want people to make informed decisions and not take the word of some union plant. I don't want them taking my word either. Hopefully when they read enough here they will at least think about researching further to make sure they have accurate info.

If you were really as "informed" as you claim, then you would know that there aren't really any big secrets at FedEx. As FedEx2000 pointed out, managers have a hard time keeping their mouths shut. Which is fine by me as I actively listen so that I can understand what is going on.

It's amazing that an employee can be as completely satisfied with FedEx as you are...really amazing. As in unbelievable.