SFA predictions

DRAisawesome

Where is everyone at with their predictions? Corporate expecting big results with the big pay scale at Express. Think it will be there?

El Morado Diablo

Our management team has really tried to drive home the point why they deserve good scores in pre-SFA meetings. I think they are going to be surprised when they see the scores because they did all the talking in the meetings. I know some of the newer people accused them in private (one-on-one, after the meeting) of trying to coerce them for a good score.

McFeely

Huge Member
I honestly can't believe the amount of schmoozing I got in my station from my manager. Funny thing is, his scores are still going to be in the low 70s because of how he treats 90% of his staff and things never change.

Score 60% approval on an item? Keep up the great work, Champ!

overflowed

Nothing will change. Been hearing much more about how our scores should be higher blah blah. The only reason there is more pressure is because they had to bump pay, nothing more. If the company didn't have the turnover it does and had to bump pay it would be the same old as usual. Mo' money Mo' problems. My manager is a good one and I can say I think highly of him. Seems stressed recently.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
There has been a lot of food at my station lately. All the donuts, Family Days and Spring Flings in the world won't change the fact that I'm not paid fairly and my benefits suck.

I took SFA this morning. I told my mgr that for the questions that actually apply to him, I marked him well. For the rest of the questions that they unfairly hold him accountable for, I'm sorry.

dezguy

Here's my prediction; I will not be showing up early for the SFA review meeting. Not worth the time. I'll just get the cliff notes from my co workers.

dex 84

Here's my prediction; I will not be showing up early for the SFA review meeting. Not worth the time. I'll just get the cliff notes from my co workers.

I never miss a good meeting. Getting paid to sit there, drink my coffee, and drift in and out of paying attention to what they're saying. It's easier money than most everything else they have me do...

dezguy

I'll go. It'll guarantee I'm off before 5:00.... ok possibly. Hopefully, it'll be on a Friday.

I never miss a good meeting. Getting paid to sit there, drink my coffee, and drift in and out of paying attention to what they're saying. It's easier money than most everything else they have me do...

My free time is more important than listening to a bunch of lip service about how they're going to work on this or we need to improve on that, when everyone knows nothing ever really happens. I'd rather have that hour to spend with my kids or to veg out. Not worth an hours worth of pay for me to walk out afterwards and know that is an hour I will never get back.

Maybe I'm just a different bird but I'm not big into putting in more hours than I have to.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
My free time is more important than listening to a bunch of lip service about how they're going to work on this or we need to improve on that, when everyone knows nothing ever really happens. I'd rather have that hour to spend with my kids or to veg out. Not worth an hours worth of pay for me to walk out afterwards and know that is an hour I will never get back.

Maybe I'm just a different bird but I'm not big into putting in more hours than I have to.
I'm with 'ya brother.

The managers just hog all the discussion time mostly sticking to their subject of choice and avoiding any real issues let alone solving any. Just another round of useless dribble.

I pass.

Whats in the Box

Where is everyone at with their predictions? Corporate expecting big results with the big pay scale at Express. Think it will be there?

Won't give props until this step-up progression pay scale is actually in effect and is working. I'm thinking that if FX has a lean year, the plan will be scrapped.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
How do you guys manage to score such fresh donuts???

Serve Food Annually, is nothing more than a test of how willing we are to go union. Management, as usual, is willing to tell you whatever lies you want to hear in the hope you'll be merciful. I think scores will be higher this year since most of our new employees seem to hail from countries where $5.00 per hour is a good wage and doughnuts are a luxury.

Serf

Serve Food Annually, is nothing more than a test of how willing we are to go union. Management, as usual, is willing to tell you whatever lies you want to hear in the hope you'll be merciful. I think scores will be higher this year since most of our new employees seem to hail from countries where $5.00 per hour is a good wage and doughnuts are a luxury.
I actually laughed out loud at this. It is spot on. I would also add that at my station Management hands out BZ's like candy in hopes for favorable reviews. And in the pre SFA meeting the senior reminded us that we ordered pizza for the work groups twice last year, and we provided bottled water for you on the day the region was in a heat wave.

dex 84

I actually laughed out loud at this. It is spot on. I would also add that at my station Management hands out BZ's like candy in hopes for favorable reviews. And in the pre SFA meeting the senior reminded us that we ordered pizza for the work groups twice last year, and we provided bottled water for you on the day the region was in a heat wave.

Yeah, they provide bottled water but they won't fix the A/C in the trucks.

!Retired!

Our SM was in our meeting telling us how he doesn't schmooze to try and get better scores. This was the day after they had burgers and hot dogs and that same day of the meeting had about 5 dozen Dunkin' Donuts boxes in the break room.

Like Operational Needs said/did, my manager got pretty decent scores from me. Above him, not so much.

whenIgetthere

Too bad the ice machine was broken, too!