SFA predictions

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Our SM was in our meeting telling us how he doesn't schmooze to try and get better scores. This was the day after they had burgers and hot dogs and that same day of the meeting had about 5 dozen Dunkin' Donuts boxes in the break room.

Like Operational Needs said/did, my manager got pretty decent scores from me. Above him, not so much.

It's an exercise in futility, so you might as well take it and just put whatever you want in terms of answers. None of it will make any difference. We have about 50% new or newer employees, and most of them are just happy to have a job instead of working at WalMart or being on a landscaping crew. So, scores will be higher because we have a much lower quality of employees these days. One step above Ground drivers, and it isn't much of a step.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My station dropped in the scores. Surprise! surprise! Guess all the donuts and bagels couldn't make up for all the OLCCS. Even the newbies and foreigners weren't buying it this year. Lol.

My mgr actually admitted to me that our Sr. told his managers that if they didn't rate him well, he was going to start coming down hard on them. WTF?!

fdxsux

I'm sure the score at our station will drop as well. A few of us that haven't taken it the last couple of years took it this year.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
In this area the scores for managers weren't much different from last year. Some saw increases or decreases of a couple of points, but nothing major. Scores for the company took a beating.

dezguy

Eagerly awaiting the scores for my station. My manager may as well have been giving out blowjobs before SFA, asking for a good score.

whenIgetthere

My manager got the worst score of the four managers here. We have a new SM, and I heard he took a beating. Like above, a few people who hadn't taken the SFA in the past decided to take it this year.

59 Dano

Someone told me one of our managers actually turned on the tears at her preSFA meeting. LMAO!

I've only heard of that once. A manager was just horrible. Knew how to run things well but completely incapable of dealing with people in a tactful and professional way. Mishandled any and all performance issues. For instance, she issued a warning letter to a courier for backing up to the belt with his bulkhead door open during his pre-trip. Issued a performance reminder to an ace courier who misdelivered a package and retrieved it in time to redeliver to the proper address without it being RDL. Just handling things stupidly.

Anyhow, she was crucified when the SFA rolled around. When an SFA is bad enough, an HR rep from Memphis shows up on a Saturday and meets with everyone at a hotel (that's how it was handled in the 3 SFA bloodbaths that I've witnessed) to see WTF is going on. Everyone told their horror stories and the manager was sent to warm and fuzzies school and was informed that she would be resurveyed a few months thereafter. She was crying during a meeting shortly before her SFA sequel, and for good reason. She was the same witch that she'd always been and managed to score worse on the resurvey.

It wasn't long before she was yanked out of that location and sent to another. That's what I don't get about people like her and the manager you're referring to. The SFA questions that related directly to ops managers have very little to do with ability and almost everything to do with how well they treat people. It's easy stuff.

El Morado Diablo

Anyhow, she was crucified when the SFA rolled around. When an SFA is bad enough, an HR rep from Memphis shows up on a Saturday and meets with everyone at a hotel (that's how it was handled in the 3 SFA bloodbaths that I've witnessed) to see WTF is going on. Everyone told their horror stories and the manager was sent to warm and fuzzies school and was informed that she would be resurveyed a few months thereafter. She was crying during a meeting shortly before her SFA sequel, and for good reason. She was the same witch that she'd always been and managed to score worse on the resurvey.

It wasn't long before she was yanked out of that location and sent to another. That's what I don't get about people like her and the manager you're referring to. The SFA questions that related directly to ops managers have very little to do with ability and almost everything to do with how well they treat people. It's easy stuff.

We had a similar experience with a former manager. He was new and had no business being a manager. He was a terrible decision maker, he didn't know how to deal with his employees, he upset some of our biggest customers and he pissed off the TSA.

He got hammered on the SFA and had to go out-of-state to spend some time with an HR rep & the Sr Mgr. The workgroup had to go through a bunch of meetings with the District Mgr on down being told how he wasn't that bad. He was hammered again the following year and decided to transfer out of the station. It was no surprise to any of us when we heard he ended up getting fired at his new location. It was only after he left that the District Mgr admitted that they knew he was a problem. Really? They treated us as a hostile workgroup for a year instead of removing him as soon as they realized he wasn't cut out for the job.

Sometimes you just can't score a manager low enough on the SFA to get upper management's attention that you have a problem.

59 Dano

We had a similar experience with a former manager. He was new and had no business being a manager. He was a terrible decision maker, he didn't know how to deal with his employees, he upset some of our biggest customers and he :censored2: off the TSA.

He got hammered on the SFA and had to go out-of-state to spend some time with an HR rep & the Sr Mgr. The workgroup had to go through a bunch of meetings with the District Mgr on down being told how he wasn't that bad. He was hammered again the following year and decided to transfer out of the station. It was no surprise to any of us when we heard he ended up getting fired at his new location. It was only after he left that the District Mgr admitted that they knew he was a problem. Really? They treated us as a hostile workgroup for a year instead of removing him as soon as they realized he wasn't cut out for the job.

Sometimes you just can't score a manager low enough on the SFA to get upper management's attention that you have a problem.

We didn't have the part in the 3 instances I referring to where the MD did the rah-rah meetings or any of that. The HR rep from Memphis was two levels above our regular HR rep and she ripped the SM a new one in front of everyone for something that I can't remember anymore.

My favorite MD holds SMs responsible for the ops managers who aren't performing well. His rationale is that the SM is responsible for developing the OMs and helping them handle whatever deficiencies they have. If it's obvious that an OM just isn't going to make it, he and the SM will have that talk with him so that he can transfer or bid down and get on with his life. That allows them to go ahead and get started finding a replacement.

That approach avoids a lot of headaches.

whenIgetthere

We didn't have the part in the 3 instances I referring to where the MD did the rah-rah meetings or any of that. The HR rep from Memphis was two levels above our regular HR rep and she ripped the SM a new one in front of everyone for something that I can't remember anymore.

My favorite MD holds SMs responsible for the ops managers who aren't performing well. His rationale is that the SM is responsible for developing the OMs and helping them handle whatever deficiencies they have. If it's obvious that an OM just isn't going to make it, he and the SM will have that talk with him so that he can transfer or bid down and get on with his life. That allows them to go ahead and get started finding a replacement.

Yup, and continuing as a topped out courier if that's the route they choose!

El Morado Diablo

This is a common sense approach to handling the problem. I think your MD has the right idea. Especially if the SM was the one who hired the OM in the first place.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And by full, you mean as many as 3 or so... in a thread about managers, no less!

You have always been a shill, and recently you've been called out specifically. All of a sudden, there is an outpouring of anecdotal SFA stuff that looks like a pathetic attempt to "prove" you're an actual manager.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
You have always been a shill, and recently you've been called out specifically. All of a sudden, there is an outpouring of anecdotal SFA stuff that looks like a pathetic attempt to "prove" you're an actual manager.
And "Thunder" is a DM. :laughing: