SFA predictions

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Maybe Cheryl will step in here and tell us what happened to the old PMs. I'd love to access them. R1a, for those of you that don't know him, was probably the most intelligent person to ever post here. His eye for detail is what allowed him to ferret you out and reveal who and what you are...a paid FedEx operative, aka SHILL.

That's the same kind of detective work he used to come to the conclusion that Express would drop all non-overnight services and that all couriers would be reclassified into PT positions.

59 Dano

My Senior Manager is on the warpath. We're all laughing our butts off because he is pizzed at our station's low SFA scores. Lol. Effective Monday, anyone not in uniform compliance will be sent home with no pay.

Oh man! I'd wait until Friday, then show up not in compliance in hopes that he'd send me home for a long weekend. And don't forget -- you get paid for four hours!

outtatime

I'd love to see a senior send someone home on a Mon because of a uniform violation. With all the cut routes and major cluster Mon's are, not gonna happen. Nothing but empty threats.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's the same kind of detective work he used to come to the conclusion that Express would drop all non-overnight services and that all couriers would be reclassified into PT positions.

R1a did detailed research. I have no doubt that if DRA had worked as planned, and if Fred had been able to drop P2 and XS on Ground, that's exactly what The Weasel would have done.

Since you obviously worship The Weasel, you cannot see him doing it.

I can.

BigTex61

R1a did detailed research. I have no doubt that if DRA had worked as planned, and if Fred had been able to drop P2 and XS on Ground, that's exactly what The Weasel would have done.

Since you obviously worship The Weasel, you cannot see him doing it.

I can.
My manager told me some time ago that's exactly what was planned. DRA was to eliminate routes, make us more efficient. We have twice the routes now with less freight. Freaking love it!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
My manager told me some time ago that's exactly what was planned. DRA was to eliminate routes, make us more efficient. We have twice the routes now with less freight. Freaking love it!

AM couriers and PM couriers, all part-time and compartmentalized for maximum efficiency. No overtime, and P2 and XS moved by cheaper Ground employees.

Fred would have done it...for you, and me, and everyone, because he cares SO much.

Effing weasel. R1a was exactly correct.

overflowed

A manager told me the same, however, they planned on the employees being the same as years ago. Which didn't happen. Now we have double the amount of couriers working the same shifts. They maybe shave an hour.

BigTex61

A manager told me the same, however, they planned on the employees being the same as years ago. Which didn't happen. Now we have double the amount of couriers working the same shifts. They maybe shave an hour.
They cut a little overtime, but increased overall payroll, benefits, etc......morons.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Really? That was a hot button issue here, one month a while ago. Policy here is black socks with pants, white socks with shorts.
That's how it was here forever. It changed in the last few years. I was surprised to see that it's "preferred" now. I'm still wearing my white socks though.

SmithBarney

never wear anything but white socks. My feet cant handle colored socks. STINKY!!

I can't stand by and see this outright hatred #blacksocksmatter
BTW all my socks are black, they stay much cleaner than my white ones...
just ask your manager White dingy socks, or Black socks that no one notices..

they did get all twisted on "short" socks some how wanting to enforce ankle vs crew socks...

59 Dano

This wasn't speculation, or theory, or mere opinion.

You
stated that this was fact. You stated that this was a done deal. You stated that it was imminent. You even gave us the date that the announcement was to be made. You went for the jugular of anyone who did not agree.

You
had the football in hand, ready to spike and you had the engine running in your car for the victory lap. That was going to be your big "I TOLD YOU SO" moment and you were going to throw it in the faces of anyone who doubted you.

It didn't happen. You lied.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This wasn't speculation, or theory, or mere opinion.

You
stated that this was fact. You stated that this was a done deal. You stated that it was imminent. You even gave us the date that the announcement was to be made. You went for the jugular of anyone who did not agree.

You
had the football in hand, ready to spike and you had the engine running in your car for the victory lap. That was going to be your big "I TOLD YOU SO" moment and you were going to throw it in the faces of anyone who doubted you.

It didn't happen. You lied.

It would have been a done deal, but Mr. Smith couldn't pull it off. DRA has been an abject failure, and Ground getting our non-P1 freight would have both endangered the RLA exemption and hurt the claim that Ground drivers are not employees. The end result was that he didn't get anything he wanted.

As others have said here, THAT WAS THE PLAN.

Sorry you're so clueless.

vantexan

It would have been a done deal, but Mr. Smith couldn't pull it off. DRA has been an abject failure, and Ground getting our non-P1 freight would have both endangered the RLA exemption and hurt the claim that Ground drivers are not employees. The end result was that he didn't get anything he wanted.

As others have said here, THAT WAS THE PLAN.

Sorry you're so clueless.
As I recall you and R1a were saying fulltimers would be required to work mornings and evenings with a huge break, 5-7 hrs, in the middle. If anything would have threatened RLA status it would be that, as probably even Republicans wouldn't stand in the way of switching us to the NLRA if we were treated like that. All R1a's suppositions had no credible proof backing them and none came to pass. DRA is really about, IMO, being able to plug anyone quickly into a route to counteract high turnover due to poor pay progression. DRA hasn't worked, and they're being forced to pay better to attract and retain quality employees. They're still greedy you-know-what's, but they aren't stupid.