SFA results

hypo hanna

Without being too specific, how do they look at your station?

At mine, scores are down on over 25 questions. More then a handful are down 20 points or more.

My station is heavy with senior drivers so this is a great sign that the kool aid drinkers are starting to wake up.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
We've only heard about one manager who got a 66, another a 90.

There's a manager that used to be in the high 90's. 2012 - 69 - re-tested - 55.

Can't wait to see the score for this year.

hypo hanna

I fully understand it has no bearing on how we are treated. It does tell us how other employees are feeling about the situation and a little bit about how receptive they are to unionizing efforts.

vantexan

I fully understand it has no bearing on how we are treated. It does tell us how other employees are feeling about the situation and a little bit about how receptive they are to unionizing efforts.

If scores are low imagine what they'd be if everyone took it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

True, but I think it's a given that most employees are now fully aware of the hand they've been dealt. There are still a few that don't get it, or are just terminal ass-kissers. That means that a lot of folks are very receptive to unionizing and need to be handed a card to sign. It should be fun to watch the show as the Memphoids attempt to explain it all. My guess is that they are going to keep pushing the "Ground is Good" mantra and keep blaming us because we are too "stupid" to understand that this is all being done for our benefit....just like always.

RTURNSONLY

OUR SCORES:

AM MGR 1 = 38
AM MGR 2 = 44
PM MGR = 48
SM = MID 40's

ALL SCORES OVER 50% LOWER THAN LAST YEAR (SAME MANAGERS TEAM).

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
OUR SCORES:

AM MGR 1 = 38
AM MGR 2 = 44
PM MGR = 48
SM = MID 40's

ALL SCORES OVER 50% LOWER THAN LAST YEAR (SAME MANAGERS TEAM).

Those are some impressive scores. My guess is that the real ones were even lower, but they were too embarrassed to release those. The corporate scores are pure fakery this year. It used to be that if you scored below a certain threshold as a manager, you were sent to "Re-Education Camp" to be immersed in the writings of Chairman Smith and his little Purple Book. Suitably conditioned, you'd be sent back to your station to quell the unrest. Now it looks like almost every manager will have to go away to camp. Actually, I'm betting this is the last year for the SFA.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
A friend of mine told me his mgr got a 99.9. I have NEVER heard of a mgr getting so high. He said there is an interesting and funny reason why. I have to wait til later to find out the story.

Oh yeah, the mgr I did SFA for (you guys jumped on me for doing it) got a 96. He EARNED his though. That was AGFS, different animal.

hypo hanna

If scores are low imagine what they'd be if everyone took it.
Agreed. The ones refusing to take it are the ones who gave up on the process long ago. This is why it's important for us to see the scores of those still engaged. It's also harder for them to fudge scores if we are posting them here.
Keep them coming!

hypo hanna

A friend of mine told me his mgr got a 99.9. I have NEVER heard of a mgr getting so high. He said there is an interesting and funny reason why. I have to wait til later to find out the story.

Oh yeah, the mgr I did SFA for (you guys jumped on me for doing it) got a 96. He EARNED his though. That was AGFS, different animal.
An individual manager getting a high score probably deserves that score. My manager did well this year compared to last year. People know these front line managers are just cannon fodder for corporate. Some do it better then others some deserve to be flailed. It's those corporate scores that are telling. Sure they could fake the results but if they are, they are doing a terrible job based on the results for my workgroup.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
An individual manager getting a high score probably deserves that score. My manager did well this year compared to last year. People know these front line managers are just cannon fodder for corporate. Some do it better then others some deserve to be flailed. It's those corporate scores that are telling. Sure they could fake the results but if they are, they are doing a terrible job based on the results for my workgroup.

An manager with a very high score is also likely to be under scrutiny for being too lenient with employees. The "ideal" score is somewhere in the 80's, which translates out to not being liked by everyone and more of a disciplinarian. I once had a manager who consistently scored in the high 90's and he had to go explain himself to the MD. He is now very highly placed in the corporation and 1 out of 3 managers at FedEx I have highly respected. Truly a quality individual.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
I once had a manager who consistently scored in the high 90's and he had to go explain himself to the MD.
yep - only at our beloved FredEx could that happen. The company that gave wings to the term "no good deed goes unpunished"

jmeti000

My managers scores:

Man1 - 62
Man2 - 41 (only been there 1 month though)
SR - 55

The biggest looser of all questions was the "im paid fairly for this kind of work"...scored a 6 lol

SmithBarney

Funny our STA Manager got nearly a perfect score, yet we only had 60% participation in the SFA.
60% of our STA is topped out 25+ 30+yr employees who think fred farts rainbows.

That being said our Manager does a very good job and is Fair across the board.