SFA, Why bother?

hypo hanna

If its not required and it changes nothing, why participate? I know some like their ops manager and want to let them know how they feel but can't you walk into their office and talk to them without the vague questions of the SFA?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
My rationale for taking the SFA is that if I don't take it, they can only guess how I feel. If I do take it, it will be in black and white. I am one of those who likes their Ops Manager, and he is doing a fantastic job (one of a dying breed) and he should be recognized as such by HIS manager by his survey results. The company on the other hand, different story, and my SFA reflects that. And yes, I have told him that he is doing a great job and if he had been any other manager, I had no plans to take the SFA. I will shut up now and duck the flying barbs that will be hurled at me as a result of my post. ������������������

ManInBrown

I really feel bad for anyone that plays along and takes it. Chances are they have a brain the size of a pea. I implore all frontline employees to blow it off. It's a fact, that if you don't take it's more of a ding on mgmt then if you do take it and bury them. And for anyone that says they like there mgr(blah blah blah). Screw that. They got there raise. You think they care about you? Chances are they would stab you in the back in a second to save there own arse

hypo hanna

My rationale for taking the SFA is that if I don't take it, they can only guess how I feel. If I do take it, it will be in black and white. I am one of those who likes their Ops Manager, and he is doing a fantastic job (one of a dying breed) and he should be recognized as such by HIS manager by his survey results. The company on the other hand, different story, and my SFA reflects that. And yes, I have told him that he is doing a great job and if he had been any other manager, I had no plans to take the SFA. I will shut up now and duck the flying barbs that will be hurled at me as a result of my post. ������������������

No barbs here. Everyone should do what they think is best, I just don't see any benefit for the hourlies by participating. Plenty of benefit for FedEx. They get an idea on the mood of the employees and they can claim a higher rate of participation in their propaganda.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I really feel bad for anyone that plays along and takes it. Chances are they have a brain the size of a pea. I implore all frontline employees to blow it off. It's a fact that if you don't take it's more of a ding on mgmt then if you do take it and bury them. And for anyone that says they like there mgr(blah blah blah). Screw that. They got there raise. You think they care about you? Chances are they would stab you in the back in a second to save there own arse

I love how you guys keep saying that managers got theirs, screw them. Seriously? Are you trying to say that if FedEx told us tomorrow that CSA's were not going get a raise and couriers would get a 5 percent raise that you would feel bad enough to say, "I don't think this is fair. Give the CSA's half of my raise."? I may have a brain the size of a pea (as you stated) but even I know that would never happen. You would take your 5 percent and run. I would bet that most managers don't give a rat's ass about us, but if I'm fortunate enough to luck into one who does, all the more reason to give him a good SFA.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
No barbs here. Everyone should do what they think is best, I just don't see any benefit for the hourlies by participating. Plenty of benefit for FedEx. They get an idea on the mood of the employees and they can claim a higher rate of participation in their propaganda.

Yeah, but you are smart enough and have been around long enough to know that they can slant it either way, however they want it, whenever they want to. But, I totally understand how you feel.

bbsam

Staff member
If its not required and it changes nothing, why participate? I know some like their ops manager and want to let them know how they feel but can't you walk into their office and talk to them without the vague questions of the SFA?

I do not expect an answer, but in your organizing attempts, have you found the same attitude to signing cards? Why bother? It won't change anything.

hypo hanna

Yeah, but you are smart enough and have been around long enough to know that they can slant it either way, however they want it, whenever they want to. But, I totally understand how you feel.
Oh yes they can and they have spun the results. I'm saying don't even give them answers to spin.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I do not expect an answer, but in your organizing attempts, have you found the same attitude to signing cards? Why bother? It won't change anything.

You are really starting to sound like a company man. You keep repeating the same old theme, which is for us to "not bother signing cards", "accept the inevitable" etc. Do you have a twin named Dano?

ManInBrown

You are a GROUND contractor. Why do you constantly chime in on EXPRESS issues. When it comes to EXPRESS issues your opinion is worthless. Shouldn't you be out searching for a few more ex-cons to hire?

bbsam

Staff member
You are a GROUND contractor. Why do you constantly chime in on EXPRESS issues. When it comes to EXPRESS issues your opinion is worthless. Shouldn't you be out searching for a few more ex-cons to hire?
"?". Do you know what this is? It is called a "question mark". It is used at the end of an interrogative. It requests information, as in, "Shouldn't you be out looking for another part time job?". Or, "Shouldn't you be getting cards signed?"

bbsam

Staff member
You are really starting to sound like a company man. You keep repeating the same old theme, which is for us to "not bother signing cards", "accept the inevitable" etc. Do you have a twin named Dano?

I don't care what you do. I was rather intrigued when it seemed things may have reached a tipping point and you guys would actually do more than bitch and complain. That was shot lived though. As for inevitable, the only thing inevitable is that Fred will keep taking away from Express. You know that, so the ball remains in your court to do something different.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I don't care what you do. I was rather intrigued when it seemed things may have reached a tipping point and you guys would actually do more than bitch and complain. That was shot lived though. As for inevitable, the only thing inevitable is that Fred will keep taking away from Express. You know that, so the ball remains in your court to do something different.

You sound like a meddling mother-in-law here lately.

Make no mistake, Smith will try and hose Ground contractors too.

No I'm not kidding either.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Yeah, actually you do, or you wouldn't be on here trying to stoke the pro-Ground fires.

bbsam

Staff member
Big difference between "pro-Ground" and not "anti-Ground". I'm not here recruiting. I'm watching you guys drown in your own incompetence and desperation.