Shady Delivery or Employee of the Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheFated1

I had an experience with a delivery, and I am left unsure if the UPS driver is a thief or deserves employee of the month. I hope these forums, and the experience of doing the job hands on can help. I don't want to be the guy causing someone trouble over a good deed.

On to the details:
I'm expecting delivery of a vacuum. Around 5:50pm, the computer status lets us know the package was delivered and left on the porch. Funny thing, we're sitting by the porch, and no brown truck has been around. We look around the house, we check with the neighbors. Nothing, no package.

Ok, we call UPS who put us through to something called "Investigations". I immediately think something shady is going on and say I think my package is going to be stolen via the "We left it on the porch, we swear, who knows what happened to it" route.

They promise to have someone call me back within an hour. I get a call around 7:15pm , to tell me that "Yea, it was the only delivery on your street, we don't know what happened, but the driver already left, we'll call you back tomorrow." I tell the guy that I think his delivery guy is a thief.

At 7:45pm, the vacuum is delivered by the driver in his personal car. Wife says he said "Sorry" and left. Guy from office calls back saying "He didn't want to leave the package in the rain, he went out of his way to get it to you, Sorry for the misunderstanding."

Per Google, its a 20-25 minute drive from that local UPS place to my place. Which means that my package had to be "found" pretty immediately after that 7:15pm call. Why was it marked delivered if the guy didn't want to leave it in the rain? I can tell you for certain the guy was never anywhere near my driveway around the time of the supposed "left it on your porch" delivery. The vacuum in question was one of those douchy $600 dyson ones, and it came in a box that made it obvious, so I figured it would be worth at least $100 at a pawn shop.

Is this a common mistake or guys covering their a** after I made some noise? Do I owe the guy an apology and a gift basket or was this a shady delivery?

Thanks for your replies!

upschuck

My guess is that the driver left it on the wrong street, center called him and asked him about it, he must not live far from area, and got box and delivered to the correct address. Most drivers would not do that on their time.

or

maybe he took it home because his rugs were dirty.

govols019

You smell that?
Maybe he delivered to the wrong house and realized his mistake when your call came in. He could have picked it up and brought it to your house on his way home.

Or yeah, what the guy above me said. lol

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
He probably miss delivered it to another house, was at the hub when he heard about it, drove out to the house he delivered it to, grabbed it off the porch and brought it to you.

It sounds to me as though the UPS driver left the package at the wrong address. Then, once he realized his mistake, went to that address, got the package, and delivered it to you in his own personal car. If he really were a thief, he would not have brought the package to you later on.

It sounds to me as though the UPS driver left the package at the wrong address. Then, once he realized his mistake, went to that address, got the package, and delivered it to you in his own personal car. If he really were a thief, he would not have brought the package to you later on.
Didn't see the posts above when I started typing this. Sorry.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
He probably realized he mis delivered it and instead of shafting you and making you do a driver follow up, picked it up and brought it to you on his own time. The rain is most likely his way of saying I effed up and went to the wrong place/not trying to look foolish.
I've done something similar before. I delivered a pkg to house one street over, got a call asking where I was, realized my mistake, stopped by and made it right on my way home.

Or this guy tried stealing your Dyson. Which Dyson was it? We just got the roller ball thing.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
He probably realized he mis delivered it and instead of shafting you and making you do a driver follow up, picked it up and brought it to you on his own time. The rain is most likely his way of saying I effed up and went to the wrong place/not trying to look foolish.
I've done something similar before. I delivered a pkg to house one street over, got a call asking where I was, realized my mistake, stopped by and made it right on my way home.

Or this guy tried stealing your Dyson. Which Dyson was it? We just got the roller ball thing.
How exactly does one walk through the guard shack unnoticed with a big vacuum box? lol

govols019

You smell that?
What's a guard shack? Joe Schmo could walk onto our property, take a brown box for a ride and no one would notice.

Ours too. Several times when I was a preloader we broke into the building to start up the sort because our supervisor had a tendency to oversleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.