Share A Link

moreluck

golden ticket member
Power is still out at my daughter's house since 4 AMWeds. and not expected to be back on til late Thursday afternoon. My grandson had his prayed for "snow day". No school !!!

STORY...........

Farrington Highway was closed for more than six hours because of downed power lines.

Police set up road blocks at Mailiili Road and Leihoku after power lines came down in about a 2-3 mile stretch.

Only emergency vehicles were allowed passage through the roadblocks. That left residents from Nanakuli to Makaha stranded on the West Coast until 9:15 a.m. Several neighborhoods have been without power through the night.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Power is still out today. The refrigerator stuff is a loss. No one is venturing out because it's taking 2 hours to go a couple miles.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Bread and peanut butter, mostly.

But tonight, the whole street is pulling out their BBQ's and cooking the partially thawed meats from their freezers......huge block party. The power should get restored tomorrow.

I'm sure somebody got ice to cool the beers.

satellitedriver

Bread and peanut butter, mostly.

But tonight, the whole street is pulling out their BBQ's and cooking the partially thawed meats from their freezers......huge block party. The power should get restored tomorrow.

I'm sure somebody got ice to cool the beers.
My advice is going to sound like locking the barn door after the horse has run away.
Go to www.invertersrus.com, buy one that will fit your needs.
I have 2500 watt inverter. It ran the freezer, the fridge and the TV and computer off of my cars battery, while out of power for three days. It is about 3 times the size of a laptop computer.
It is far better than having a generator. Zero maintenance. Just store it in a closet.
I live 20 miles from the nearest town and I have had to suffer through many power outages for days.
Couple of hundred bucks spent, but an invaluable investment.
Recouped the cost, by what food was not lost in the first days.
Sorry to hear what's going on, but it sounds like your going to have a great block party.
PAX

moreluck

golden ticket member
http://www.northpole.com/Kitchen/Cookbook/

A friend sent this link to me. Check the menu on the left margin titled :"Free Things To Do". Click on "Holiday Recipes". There are lots of recipes for cookies & cakes. I saved the site for future reference.

There are also things for kids to do.....including tracking Santa on Dec. 24th.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Lizzie Palmer who put this YouTube program together is 15 years old. There have been over 3,000,000 hits as of this morning. In case you missed it, here it is.
Watch all of it.......and, pass it on!!