Shaving as a driver

Cementups

Box Monkey
When you own your own multi-billion dollar company you can grow your beard as much as you want. Until then, shave that thing. You think you look better but the masses think clean shaven is more respectable.

U

uber

The trainer at UPS said its something thats not going to change. The policy has been around since Jim Casey.

We've had how many Presidents since Jim Casey founded the company? A man walk on the moon, the invention of the TV, yada yada yada....Sometimes change is needed.

I promise a little neatly groomed facial hair isn't going to scare away customers.

U

uber

All the people who give these find another job posts in reply....

Tsk, Tsk, Tsk I shake my head at you. Do you really think that I'm making an "either, or" decision on driving vs. facial hair.

Ahhh the luxury of being a :censored2:bag behind an anonymous message board.

Predictable.

OptimusPrime

Probably no worse than walking in soaking wet from sweat in mid August huh?

I kind of always feel a tad embarrassed. Walking into a very nice climate controlled office building, hot chicks all milling about, and here I stand smelling like a wet goat, looking like I jumped in a pool, and dripping sweat on their packages.

Cementups

Box Monkey
The trainer at UPS said its something thats not going to change. The policy has been around since Jim Casey.

We've had how many Presidents since Jim Casey founded the company? A man walk on the moon, the invention of the TV, yada yada yada....Sometimes change is needed.

In the time since Jim Casey founded UPS how many of these Presidents had beards/goatees? I'll save you the research. None. The last president to have a beard was Benjamin Harrisbon 1889-93. And of all the Presidents since George Washington in 1789 only 5 ever had beards.

And if you check the list of America's top 50 richest people, only 3 of the have beards and all three are internet/computer geeks (Oracle, Ebay, Google). Just saying.

U

uber

In the time since Jim Casey founded UPS how many of these Presidents had beards/goatees? I'll save you the research. None. The last president to have a beard was Benjamin Harrisbon 1889-93. And of all the Presidents since George Washington in 1789 only 5 ever had beards.

And if you check the list of America's top 50 richest people, only 3 of the have beards and all three are internet/computer geeks (Oracle, Ebay, Google). Just saying.

So were comparing package car drivers to Presidents now? Gotcha.

Paul Allen had a beard for several years.

Were delivering packages, tightly cropped goatee is not much to ask. The people who have a problem with my post either:

A.) Can't grow facial hair.

or

B.) Look horrible with facial hair.

moreluck

golden ticket member

Just look at the Fedex guys........what a mess!!!! There's a reason for the dress codes........The UPS guys look clean, the FDx guys look like the Occupy Wall Street crowd!!.

Re-Raise

Were delivering packages, tightly cropped goatee is not much to ask. The people who have a problem with my post either:

or

I find the things that you worry about amusing. Believe me after you start you will have a lot more important things to whine about than giving up your precious goatee.

Buck Fifty

Got 50 drivers at my center. November 1st we will all grow the NO CRASH Mustache. Cant wait for the PCM's, its gonna be hilarious. Nothing like getting paid to laugh your ass off.

gotbrown

or

Really? I can grow facial hair, and can make anything look good. If you want to keep your facial hair stay on the inside, if you want to drive these are the rules and there are a lot more. Accept it or turn down the position I promise you there is much more to complain about as a driver than facial hair...

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
When you own your own multi-billion dollar company you can grow your beard as much as you want. Until then, shave that thing. You think you look better but the masses think clean shaven is more respectable.

I beg to differ. The wife and her friends are all over my grizzled chin.

U

uber

I find the things that you worry about amusing. Believe me after you start you will have a lot more important things to whine about than giving up your precious goatee.

If you think I'm dwelling on it you are sadly mistaken. I'm sure I'm not the only driver that thinks its a stupid rule.

U

uber

Really? I can grow facial hair, and can make anything look good. If you want to keep your facial hair stay on the inside, if you want to drive these are the rules and there are a lot more. Accept it or turn down the position I promise you there is much more to complain about as a driver than facial hair...

So silly if you think whether having facial hair, or not is some kind of deal breaker....Tsk, Tsk.

Thinking the company should get with the times and review an ancient rule is not too much to ask. Is something like facial hair preference a reason for me turning down a good paying job? Uh, give me a friggin break. Don't be dense.

Thebrownstreak

I'm sure the ladies on here would say that the goatee has to go. It's straight up ugly facial hair. And unless you were born prior to '78 the mustache is far tok cheesy.