Shaving?

wannab

I asked if you were black because a lot of times you will get ingrown hairs because the hair curls into the skin. Have you tried shaving when your in the shower? You can buy a mirror that sticks inside the shower to see what your doing. Of course shave at the end of your shower. You should also try using unscented Lubriderm lotion on your face when you get out. That will help with the dryness. Stay away from alcohol based face cleaners or aftershave. That stuff will only make it worse. You have to let your skin heal so try skipping the shaving for as many days as you can. Like the other people said don't go against the grain it will only make it worse.

You didn't say if your were a hairy person. I'm not very hairy and i shave every day and against the grain. My girlfriend likes my smooth skin. If you have any questions send me a message. I know it looks like **** having the bumps on your face.

Nickfury7

Yes, my hair grows back very fast. If I was able to just shave 2-3 times a week, ill be ok. But my supe fussed at me few times for not shaving. But I havent made full time seniority yet, im still part time seniority. So i def dont want to make it a big deal.

OptimusPrime

I asked if you were black because a lot of times you will get ingrown hairs because the hair curls into the skin. Have you tried shaving when your in the shower? You can buy a mirror that sticks inside the shower to see what your doing. Of course shave at the end of your shower. You should also try using unscented Lubriderm lotion on your face when you get out. That will help with the dryness. Stay away from alcohol based face cleaners or aftershave. That stuff will only make it worse. You have to let your skin heal so try skipping the shaving for as many days as you can. Like the other people said don't go against the grain it will only make it worse.

You didn't say if your were a hairy person. I'm not very hairy and i shave every day and against the grain. My girlfriend likes my smooth skin. If you have any questions send me a message. I know it looks like **** having the bumps on your face.

Pretty sure it's best to shave before you shower. That way their are still natural oils on your skin, providing further protection along with the soap/cream you are using.

P

pickup

I suffered for decades with ingrown hairs, due to my past shaving habits.
I no longer have them.
This is what I do.
Soften the facial hair with hot water, basically scrub and clean your face with hot water before shaving.
Never shave against the grain of your hair growth. Use a smooth downward stroke and try not to repeatedly go over the same area.
Always use a sharp, clean fresh blade.
Two things really turned the tide for me.
I use an Atra pivot head twin blade razor.
I use EDGE shaving cream-(it is not the foamy standard crap)-.
Found this link and had to laugh at myself.
I am not African-American, but if I would have just posted the link I could have saved myself alot of typing.
http://www.menscience.com/African-American-Shaving-Tips_ep_174.htm

I;m going to take your advice about the razor and the shaving cream. I do remember using the edge cream years ago and found it was good. Why I strayed away , I don't know. I am also guilty about going over the same area in quick successive strokes. Thanks, Satellite driver.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Actually, if a mod was bored, they could move all the stupid references I have made about that subject to this thread. Then, you guys could read to your heart's content. 'Come shave with me' should be a thread. LOL!!! Not!

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Wait till your on vaca and grow a goatee. LoL. Shaving makes my face raw to and sucks to not let it heal a day, but we gotta.

I miss my goatee !

2013 contract, cough, cough, Lol.

kingOFchester

Shower
Badger brush
Taylor shaving cream
Safety razor
After shave

Best daily shave I can get....not perfect, but limits issues. Prefer every other day.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Being a satellite driver, I usually only shave on Sundays and Thursdays. Ladies dig that Don Johnson look of Miami Vice.

I also wear brown socks without the logo.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Friday is the only day I may or may not shave--the rest of the week is mandatory for me.

This morning was tough as I had 4 days growth to shave off.

What sucked was the amount of gray in that growth.