Sheeting commercial stop NI between 1200-1300.

bham brown

I'm not going to resheet it after 1 if I'm not there, that's an easy way to get fired, happened twice last year alone. I'll ride back over, it's their dime, their rules.

I went to a stop the other day with a pkg and call tag around 12:20. Delivered the pkg and sheeted the tag as NR1 since they asked me to get it the next day. Got msg around 2 to void the tag and resheet it as NR1 immediately. I declined that and told them I would void but would resheet as soon as I could get back by there. Went back around 4:30, they had gone home. Sheeted as closed and went on my merry way. I also can't sheet something if I'm not at the location. Ain't going out like that.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
This is a company wide directive as is not sheeting CL after 5pm. Does anyone know why such a rule is in place to begin with other than the obvious that some businesses close for lunch during that time.

Of the millions of businesses in this country, the ones that do not close during those hours far outweigh those that do. Any ideas?

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The lack of common sense and the one size fits all mentality of these mandates blows my mind. If you deliver a medical officen at 12:30 every day for years but on Wednesdays they are closed all day, you have to wait to sheet it or its a missed piece. If you have a place that closes at 4:00 but you attempt at 4:12, that isn't a missed piece. They are all nuts.

oldngray

nowhere special
Scanned a business pkg at 1259 yesterday when I got to the stop. No one there so I waited until 1301 to stop complete as ni1. Got message today that I attempted between 1200-1300 and not to do again toady. Luckily they were there today so no problem today.

It tags the time when you scan, not complete stop.

Z

ZQXC

Can't have that stop show up on a report because then one of the chiefs will be ripping someones ass on a conference call.
Fear and intimidation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The lack of common sense and the one size fits all mentality of these mandates blows my mind. If you deliver a medical officen at 12:30 every day for years but on Wednesdays they are closed all day, you have to wait to sheet it or its a missed piece. If you have a place that closes at 4:00 but you attempt at 4:12, that isn't a missed piece. They are all nuts.

If the stop is a known closed it needs to be identified and pulled from the car by the PDS during the preload.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Does your building make you void the stop? Last week I sheet a commercial stop NI at 1240 "I knew I would be getting a message later telling me to void the stop" and I went back at 1340 and delivered the stop.

Sure enough I got a message telling me to void out the stop, so I decide not to void out the stop since there was a big push in the building about not voiding out stops and I wanted to see what happens. I believe they're wrong about needing to void out the stop if you go back and deliver the stop. It didn’t work because later in the day at 1655 I got a message demanding that I void out the stop before 1700, so I caved in and voided out the stop.

I don’t know why but it bugs me, I don’t see why you cant sheet it NI and go back later deliver as a dup stop. Don’t they want a accurate picture of your day.

Sheeting a commercial stop as NI or CLO between noon and 1 is the same as sheeting the packages as missed. While I do understand your thought process, this is one battle that I don't think is worth fighting.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They get worked up over the 12 to 1 thing. You can bring a COD into a business that is open during the noon hour, talk to the owner, sheet it NM 1 because he doesn't have a check, and they still want you to void it and re sheet it after 1.

This one I do have an issue with-----if you make contact with the customer and they don't have a check, it is NM, whether is 9:30 or 12:30.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

We get the same thing now with Call Tags. NR between 12-1. Made contact with business deliver their packages customer says it's not ready I'll have it for you tomorrow. Message after 1 to resheet the Call Tag? Are you people serious? Bring back paper records please!!!!

This is why I will sheet the call tags as complete and leave the call tags if the pkgs aren't ready and either swing by later that afternoon or pick them up the following day.

Z

ZQXC

This one I do have an issue with-----if you make contact with the customer and they don't have a check, it is NM, whether is 9:30 or 12:30.

No, the implication is that you are a dishonest sob, because mgmt. knows that you weren't really there; just a lazy driver trying to shed 1 more stop by recording it as NM1.

Z

ZQXC

This is why I will sheet the call tags as complete and leave the call tags if the pkgs aren't ready and either swing by later that afternoon or pick them up the following day.

Completely disagree with this one. You close out a call tag and you should have the pkg. in your possession at that time.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Completely disagree with this one. You close out a call tag and you should have the pkg. in your possession at that time.

Don't really care whether you agree or not----the customer appreciates that I leave the tags rather than having them rush to get the packages ready.

Z

ZQXC

Don't really care whether you agree or not----the customer appreciates that I leave the tags rather than having them rush to get the packages ready.

Don't really care that you don't care. What you are doing is wrong, in violation of established policy, and you would be unable to justify your action if called out by mgmt.

Z

ZQXC

Telematics will clearly show who the lazy and dishonest drivers are.

Then why should the discussion even come up about a NR1 between 12 and 1, when the customer also signed for a delivery during the same stop and telematics shows you at the correct lolcation?

Please explain.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Then why should the discussion even come up about a NR1 between 12 and 1, when the customer also signed for a delivery during the same stop and telematics shows you at the correct lolcation?

Please explain.

I agree that having us void and resheet NR1's that were recorded between noon and 1 is asinine but this is a battle that IMO is not worth fighting. I simply record the call tags and complete and either come back later that afternoon or the following day to pickup the packages.