Sheeting damages as missed

Logb17

A warning letter? Why even have other-other, as an option then?? I sheet things up as other-other all the time. If I get a box with an address that has multiple suites, ill sheet as other-other, suite #. I also think Ive used just about every "other" option to DR boxes as well. Like a cell phone ill put in a bbq near the door and put an infonote in the door frame.

Indecisi0n

A warning letter? Why even have other-other, as an option then?? I sheet things up as other-other all the time. If I get a box with an address that has multiple suites, ill sheet as other-other, suite #. I also think Ive used just about every "other" option to DR boxes as well. Like a cell phone ill put in a bbq near the door and put an infonote in the door frame.

We are only allowed to use the first "other". The opinion where it prompts you afterwards to type in the location.

Johney

Why would you enter other-other for a suite when there is an option for need suite?

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
I'm glad you posted this thread. I considered posting essentially the same thing the other day. A couple days ago after completing the diad training on how to properly handle damages I found a package in my truck before leaving the building that looked like it had been through a war. The box was not "tape-able" and it appeared contents were missing. I brought it to a package sup and he told me to bring it to the customer and let them decide. I told him that the training we had just had the day before instructed us to not bring it to the customer if discovered before leaving and that I didn't feel comfortable with it, but would do what he told me to. He replied with,"Oh I know you will."

The business customer shook his head when he saw the box. I let him take out the invoice and try to do an inventory. The main pieces were there but looked like it was missing the accompanying hardware (bolts/nuts, etc). He ended up signing for it and the vibe I got was he was accepting it out of loyalty to me so I explained that it was fine by me if he refused it. He was silent for about 10 seconds and said ,"It's okay I guess."

This should never have been brought to the business for delivery. Such a good example of the unethical actions of my leadership team. Man if I ever broke rules like they do I'd be in the unemployment line.

Its UPS policy, practice and procedures to NEVER deliver a POSSIBLE damage package. You take the package to re-wrap in the AM for inspection for theft or damage and keep bring it back until its re-wraped if you have the time or bring it back to the center sheeted as "Will Keep" so it can be inspected for again 1, Pilfering, 2, Damage, and 3 for re-wrap. On the service cross write "Inspect/Re-Wrap."

Tell you A-hole manager that you'll take a picture of the package and send it along with a note explaining his/her instructions where to Scott Davis.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I got tired of lying for management so 2 days ago I sheeted a clearly damaged package the customer refused as "refused:damaged" instead of the "refused:didn't want" like they ask us to. I was bracing for the "talk" I assumed was coming the next morning...nothing ever happened.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I got tired of lying for management so 2 days ago I sheeted a clearly damaged package the customer refused as "refused:damaged" instead of the "refused:didn't want" like they ask us to. I was bracing for the "talk" I assumed was coming the next morning...nothing ever happened.
TooTechie,

I admire your desire and courage to make this change.

"Working as directed" never justifies a lie.

Sincerely,
I

guzzi71

Can do it when I get around to it.
Integrity is a concept of consistency of actions, values, methods, measures, principles, expectations, and outcomes. In ethics, integrity is regarded as the honesty and truthfulness or accuracy of one's actions. Integrity can be regarded as the opposite of hypocrisy,[SUP][1][/SUP] in that integrity regards internal consistency as a virtue, and suggests that parties holding apparently conflicting values should account for the discrepancy or alter their beliefs.
falsification of record's,yep that's us.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Well we had Diad training on this yesterday that said "if consigne reports damage at time of delivery we were to record package as non delivery. Damaged. Today at PCM were told to disregard Diad training instructions and under no circumstance record as damaged. :rofl:

Last edited:

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Well we had Diad training this yesterday that said "if consigned reports damage at time of delivery we were to record package as non delivery. Damaged. Today at PCM were told to disregard Diad training instructions and under no circumstance record as damaged. :rofl:
call the ethics line

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Well we had Diad training on this yesterday that said "if consigne reports damage at time of delivery we were to record package as non delivery. Damaged. Today at PCM were told to disregard Diad training instructions and under no circumstance record as damaged. :rofl:
You need to get with your shop steward and file a grievance just to bring this issue on paper if the center manager is ordering instructions contrary to the corporate policy. What if the center manager said "all over 21 sigs can be DR"? Just because a center manager says so doesn't make it so. Things like this need to be brought to the front burner so instructions aren't blurred. I would be willing to bet this center manager wouldn't tell you guys the same thing if the DM or BA was there.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I took the training today. It said sheet as "missed", not "damaged". Rather, you are supposed to write "damage" on the package in the form of a service cross. They even took the "damaged" option out of our boards, to make sure we don't use it.

The reason UPS stopped us from using the "damage" key is because when a driver did so, it triggered the system to initiate a claim and refund to the customer for the "damaged" package. However, often times what appears "damaged" really isn't at all; it may just need to be repacked, and no damage claim needs to be processed. Therefore, we are to sheet the package as "missed" and turn it in to the designated area for damages/repacks, so that the package can be inspected to see if there really is any damage.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This option is no longer even in the board.

9.5er

What I don't like about sheeting the "damage" as missed is we do not get any credit for the stop. No credit for handling that package what so ever.

thessalonian13

In my center we just did the "how to sheet damages" training in the DIAD. The training clearly stated that damages found on car were to be sheeted as missed. Today I found a damaged package and sheeted it as per the training. My center manager messaged me and instructed me to sheet as future. I refused. Later in the day I received another message saying I was to sheet as future. I refused. I am a 23 year steward an am excited to see what the center manager has to say for himself tomorrow. I predict nothing. I will never put myself in the position of defending myself against training that I have completed. You should'nt either.
We are told not to sheet them at all. Just put them on the damages cart for the clerks to take care of. I love how this is different from center to center. LOL