Sheeting packages

Since when is a bad address (NSN, NSS, etc.) missed?
Since some dumba** center manager,dm, or DM decided that we are having too many NSN/NSS packages for the clerks to look up. They got the bright idea of making them missed so the driver(needing to avoide service failures) will clerk them on area. OF course we all know that this only works on a few drivers and puts the rest with a target on their back, but so be it. Again, of course this "program" only last for a week or so.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Our center requires us to notify them pronto of any misloaded packages.
Ya, our ctr does as well but there are those that seem to feel this does not apply to them. Just the other day some one dropped a misload at the UPS store with my name on it. Wasn't mine, so I left it and called it in. I was told I had to go get it and del it later, told em sorry can't get back there before they close.:angry:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Our center requires us to notify them pronto of any misloaded packages.

The Same in my building

They are worried that when you sheet a package as damaged, they will automatically have to pay a claim on it. That is why they want you to bring it back to the building or get it out of your car in the morning. I am sure preload is told not to load damaged boxes.

I know that they are inspecting more pks. that look damaged now than they ever did in the past since we have PAS. Have you ever had a package that was damaged, told not to sheet them, and the customer come up to you looking for it? They say that it was out for delivery today, what have you told them? I've had this happen to me and I tell them that, yes, my board is telling me that you have a pkg. today but it must be on a different truck. As soon as I get it I will bring it to you. Do you tell them that I do have it but it looks like someone ran it over with a car?

upsdude

The Same in my building

I know that they are inspecting more pks. that look damaged now than they ever did in the past since we have PAS. Have you ever had a package that was damaged, told not to sheet them, and the customer come up to you looking for it? They say that it was out for delivery today, what have you told them? I've had this happen to me and I tell them that, yes, my board is telling me that you have a pkg. today but it must be on a different truck. As soon as I get it I will bring it to you. Do you tell them that I do have it but it looks like someone ran it over with a car?

I tell them the package looked to be damaged and is being inspected. I follow that up by telling them it’s much easier for the customer to get a replacement if we send it back ASAP. Most folks appreciate honesty in those situations. Plus, now the customer knows the package isn’t going to arrive.

UPSDUDE gets 100 points for the correct answer.
But don't let it go to your head, the prize is you an extra stop for every 10 points.

pudg00

pudg00
Never bring back a package that you have not recorded in some way. Not matter what the sup. says. CYA my friends. In our center we sheet damaged as REFUSED DAMAGED. center manager put a report in my slot that said I delivered a package damaged the other day. Sent him a note the next day. "Pre-load loaded a damaged package on my car". Have not received any more reports.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I tell them the package looked to be damaged and is being inspected. I follow that up by telling them it’s much easier for the customer to get a replacement if we send it back ASAP. Most folks appreciate honesty in those situations. Plus, now the customer knows the package isn’t going to arrive.

I've told my customers that. They appreciate that I took care of them. I tell them to contact the shipper so they will send a replacement ASAP.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Absolutely correct Pudg!!! As I eluded in my previous post, if your told to do something questionable, question it. If your not completely satisfied with the answer get the directive in writing. As he said, CYA!!!

pudg00

pudg00
I got some great advice from one of our senior drivers. No package in your car is worth your job. If you have a misload and it takes you an hour to run it, make sure they know it. If you are a 9.5er it is on them. Remember we get paid by the hour. We have a saying I am sure you have heard. "DON'T GET MAD GET MONEY"

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Absolutely correct Pudg!!! As I eluded in my previous post, if your told to do something questionable, question it. If your not completely satisfied with the answer get the directive in writing. As he said, CYA!!!

What were you trying to run away and hide from?
Sincerely,
Mrs. Inkstream

Last edited: