She's on the move...

moreluck

golden ticket member
I avoid self checkout lines.......I want REAL people contact. I'm told that eventually that's all there will be is the self checkouts......maybe then I'll check out home delivery!

moreluck

golden ticket member
I could think of more humanitarian activities than this....go visit a library and encourage kids to read.

White House sets dance series, Jamison tribute

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

WASHINGTON -- First lady Michelle Obama has announced that several of the world's best-known dance companies will perform in the White House East Room next week for the Obama administration's first event celebrating dance.
Mrs. Obama said next Tuesday's event will also pay tribute to Judith Jamison (JAY'-mih-sun) and her two-decade career as a dancer, choreographer and artistic director of the Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
The event will feature ballet, modern and contemporary dance, hip hop and Broadway.
Performers will come from the Alvin Ailey theater, the Paul Taylor Dance Company, Broadway's "Billy Elliot the Musical," The Washington Ballet, Super Cr3w and the New York City Ballet.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The New York Times reports First Lady Michelle Obama’s aides cautioned against her going on the early August European vacation in which she stayed at a 5-star resort in Spain and mingled with royalty. The lavish trip, the aides reportedly argued, could result in harm to her image. “Aides say privately that they warned her there would be a cost to the trip, but she overruled them, insisting it was a rare chance to spend time with Sasha and with a friend whose father had died,” the paper reports. “But the intensity of the uproar — including accusations that she was a ‘modern-day Marie Antoinette’ — caught the White House and Mrs. Obama off guard.”
The trip resulted in the first extended negative press of the First Lady’s time in the White House. Critics questioned why Mrs. Obama chose to go to a glitzy, high-priced resort at a time when unemployment is high and many Americans are suffering economically.
A Wall Street Journal/NBC poll taken during the trip showed that just 50 percent of those surveyed had a positive impression of Mrs. Obama .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Michelle is set to jump into the midterm fray. She'll headline at least 9 fundraisers. Aides said more events are sure to be added especially in the final week.

If she's doing Democratic campaigning, am I paying for it ?? I hope every democrat she comes near, loses!! That's where I want MY money!!

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Michelle is set to jump into the midterm fray. She'll headline at least 9 fundraisers. Aides said more events are sure to be added especially in the final week.

If she's doing Democratic campaigning, am I paying for it ?? I hope every democrat she comes near, loses!! That's where I want MY money!!

Its funny that she has a higher favorbility rating than here lame husband. Maybe she can make another comment about how she is now proud to be an American...she should invite the Messiahs Aunty along for the ride. :funny:

moreluck

golden ticket member
She's only been proud of her country for under 2 years now.......yeah, that's the support I would want if I was a democrat candidate........NOT !! :dissapointed:

moreluck

golden ticket member
The story (Globe Oct. 4) says that the president told Michelle to "Zip it" when talking to Carla Bruni, the wife of France's leader.

France's first lady asked America's first lady how she liked living in the White House. Michelle said, "Don't ask,it's hell. I can't stand it!"

Well, I think the voters can make sure she's not "in hell" any longer than just the one term. She's an ungrateful, angry "B" !! She's the worst example of a first lady in my lifetime.......bring back Mamie & Jackie !!!

moreluck

golden ticket member
In her fight against childhood obesity, first lady Michelle Obama is urging communities to make fresh produce more available to young people, even in liquor stores. If your kid is hanging out at the liquor store, obesity is the least of your problems.