Shiny wheels

Future

Victory Ride
images.jpg
Tiny Bubbles?

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I still see a ALOT of contractors at cach....any idea how many contractors their allowed to use before they have to hire more?
They shouldn't be using any, LOL. Now having said that:
  • Shippers are free to drop shop loads to CACH, so you're always going to see those.
  • It takes time to 'promote' (train); and at least on the 705 side, the union would prefer those jobs be filled from the 705 feeder intent list. They even got the company to agree to use our guys to train, instead of waiting for new supervisors to be trained. Actually I don't really understand how 705 isn't losing jobs with the work coming off the rails, but I digress. Unfortunately, there's also been issues with members signing the list but not getting their permits.
  • That leaves the 710 side, which should have jurisdiction and be fighting for those jobs (loads coming off the rails). It's a huge ripple effect nationwide. MN, PA, I've heard complaints as far away as WA.
  • There's also the crosstown work issue. But you should familiar with that, having come from freight.

Did you make your seniority yet?

HollandMan73

Wow Hondo! You definitely got your finger on the pulse of cach! Thanks for the info. I would think 705 has a dog in this fight for sure.......seems like all the work coming/going to the rails should be 705 work. As far as making seniority....I have no idea if I'm "in" just yet. I was told when I get a packet in the mail then I know I'm in. I have 30+ working days in but no package in the mail yet....guess I'll just keep coming in untill I hear differently. Later man

HollandMan73

Hondo are you a "stewert"? I would have rather went to 705 if I had a choice....seems like you have alot more choices as far as work goes.....and you guys seem like you have alot of fun over on that side.