Shipper Release at Signature Required "4" Residence

Status
Not open for further replies.

browniehound

For all you rookies, "Release Number" was what a few shippers authorized us to use back when we had to get signatures for all residential packages!

I knew this, but I also know that shipper release packages MUST be released on the first attempt. Its the service the shipper pays for. I can't believe this hasn't been PCMed everywhere (the REL NUM) key. No need to do the overide thing or wrong address.

It blows my mind that it still happens in my center, because I got reemed by my supervisor about 5 years ago because I sheeted an 'Omaha Steaks' package missed that was going to a business. It was 7 PM and didn't think I should leave it in front of an office complex in which 200 people are employed by various companies.

It would be my guess that the thought of scooping $70-$150 worth of meat might appeal to late-night cleaning people or an early arriver at the building? He told me to leave it and never bring them back it again! So I guess the loss is pinned on Omaha Steaks no matter what?

Needless to say, I leave all shipper release packages every time. I still feel bad, but its not my problem now so I quickly get over it, lol.

I also use the "RELNUM" key at note:4 residences when I know the package is relatively worthless, like a small Barnes and Noble book or an Amazon CD, etc. I'm not wasting my precious time to get a signature on a book that retails for $19.95. Especially when I'm sitting on 40 stops at 1830.

outta hours

But that's for packages not left due to driver discretion.

I mean when you can't leave it because UPS has the house on signature required status.

Your center OMS can change it so it is no longer a non DR house. I did it many times on routes I had taken over that previously had a delivery problem at certain addresses. They can fix it with the click of a button.

We've been instructed to NOT leave shipper release packages at "no DR addresses." That means another paid send again. Until our management team and LP people change their tune, that's what we will continue to do.

browndude

Yes, a BASIC package can be realeased at a no-dr residence. There is a REL NUB that will show up in the screen. One of those little keys at the top. After you hit it, there will be a box show up with numbers in it, hit enter and release as a normal dr. I have done it several times. This is how we were told to handle basics at no-dr's in a PCM.

that also is the way you would release one if it is a business stop where u dont get a signature. u cant dr it or it will charge them resi rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.