Shippers you wish UPS dropped

oldngray

nowhere special
Thanks for the Info, guess we will keep you around for a while.

No frog legs for dinner tonight!

I thought you were grillin' today
a5.jpg

10 point

I also hated (feared) the boxes labeled "tropical fish" going to pet stores and there was NO water inside. Even worse if they were from outside the US.

One turned out to be a box of Viper snakes.

I don't like even dead snakes.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

TooTechie is right.

That PCM sounds backwards. If you put the call tag over the RS label, the RS label is never registered so DN pays for the call tag only.
Even if you cancel the call tag and use the RS label, they have been charged already for the call tag and now will be charged for the RS.
That's where the duplicate billing is occurring.
The problem I've seen in my center is some drivers just slap the call tag on the box and don't cover up the old label. I'm sure at some hub the wrong one is scanned and they get double billed.

Sent using BrownCafe App

F

FrigidAdCorrector

And that is why the sales dude should be kicked in the nads. Give the discount on Saver and punch up the premium of NDA.

Every route I have run, the over/under is adversely affected by the number of NDA that I have to break trace to do.

If UPS wants to cut miles, they would quit discounting NDA and deeply discount NDA Saver.
I'm not one to defend management but it's tough because of FedEx. I used to work in the shipping department of a large corporation and you wouldn't believe the discounts they give. I could send an envelope from CT to Hong Kong for 24 bucks. We'd get a closing sheet at the end of the day and the discount dollar amount would be higher than the amount we spent on shipping. It's crazy the corporate discounts they give out. This wasn't even a really high volume shipper either.

Sent using BrownCafe App

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I'm not one to defend management but it's tough because of FedEx. I used to work in the shipping department of a large corporation and you wouldn't believe the discounts they give. I could send an envelope from CT to Hong Kong for 24 bucks. We'd get a closing sheet at the end of the day and the discount dollar amount would be higher than the amount we spent on shipping. It's crazy the corporate discounts they give out. This wasn't even a really high volume shipper either.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I had heard they were offering a 90/90 discount on LTL freight trying to finish off YRC.
90% discount for 90 days.:eek:

boxthrower

If we have a call tag we have to sheet it. A shipper isn't billed for an ARS tag until it's used but they are billed for the call tag whether used or not, so if they have an ARS tag on the box and the call tag is for the same thing I put the call tag over the ARS and only scan the call tag.

I don't know how you guys get separate PCMS that no one else seems to get.
PCMS? haven't seven one of those in over a year and a half.

Sent using BrownCafe App