Shipping beer to Canada

HelpUPS

I know technically it is against rules to ship alcohol to certain states but I have never had an issue before as they never ask me what I am shipping. I hope this doesn't offend anyone or break rules, but I am looking for assistance on a package issue when shipping to Canada from the US. If someone could PM me I have a few questions, if it is not too offensive that I would basically be asking how to circumnavigate your system. Thanks!

over9five

Staff member
I know technically it is against rules to ship alcohol to certain states but I have never had an issue before as they never i me what I am shipping. I hope this doesn't offend anyone or break rules, but I am looking for assistance on a package issue when shipping to Canada from the US. If someone could PM me I have a few questions, if it is not too offensive that I would basically be asking how to circumnavigate your system. Thanks!
"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Think before you post, people...

moreluck

golden ticket member
I know technically it is against rules to ship alcohol to certain states but I have never had an issue before as they never ask me what I am shipping. I hope this doesn't offend anyone or break rules, but I am looking for assistance on a package issue when shipping to Canada from the US. If someone could PM me I have a few questions, if it is not too offensive that I would basically be asking how to circumnavigate your system. Thanks!

thumbnail.aspx

P

pickup

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Think before you post, people...

He did ask for the matter to be discussed in PMs. How else is he supposed to get a bite on the line?

I am sure that one of our members who is an authority on smuggling alcohol into Canada will soon be in touch with the original poster.(oh look he just posted below this post)

Last edited by a moderator:

Inthegame

Klein can buy his own beer, you scofflaw.

HelpUPS

I really didn't think it would upset anyone but the snobbiest of employees, no offense. Adults from around the world are involved in craft beer trading every day, and it seems silly to most of us that we have to go to such extremes to ship a single bottle of beer. The chances that a young person could get ahold of it are ridiculous when most young people would have a much easier time getting ahold of alcohol at home if they really wanted.

Anyway again I am sorry if it offends someones sense of integrity but I thought I would ask and some kind person could give me a quick hand. Thanks.

klein

Für Meno :)
Send the single bottle of beer via USPS, declare it as a mug and as a gift - it will make it thru the system.
Anything that arrives here by UPS from the US is subject to brokerage fees and taxes, even gifts !

HelpUPS

Unfortunately in this case it is not a single bottle and more complicated than that. Also I was under the impression it is much easier to actually have charges filed on you for shipping alcohol via USPS.

P

pickup

Unfortunately in this case it is not a single bottle and more complicated than that. Also I was under the impression it is much easier to actually have charges filed on you for shipping alcohol via USPS.

You really hit the trifecta in getting klein to respond to you. He is Canadian, has smuggled alcohol into Canada , and has dealt with charges being filed upon him in regards to alcohol.

klein

You really hit the trifecta in getting klein to respond to you. He is Canadian, has smuggled alcohol into Canada , and has dealt with charges being filed upon him in regards to alcohol.

Where do you get that from ? I had extra cigs that I had to pay duty for, but not extra booze (atleast not at the time I had to open up the suitcases) ! :)

moreluck

golden ticket member
I really didn't think it would upset anyone but the snobbiest of employees, no offense. Adults from around the world are involved in craft beer trading every day, and it seems silly to most of us that we have to go to such extremes to ship a single bottle of beer. The chances that a young person could get ahold of it are ridiculous when most young people would have a much easier time getting ahold of alcohol at home if they really wanted.

Anyway again I am sorry if it offends someones sense of integrity but I thought I would ask and some kind person could give me a quick hand. Thanks.
Turns out the snobs are the law abiding folks!!
You need to contact lowlifes.com!!

klein

Actually, contact Mountain Crest (damngoodbeer.ca) they brew beer for the Canadian market in the midwest of the USA and then import it here.

They will help you out a lot more.

HelpUPS

Law abiding citizens, heh. Do most UPS employees look down on individuals shipping alcohol? I really thought most would feel like its against the rules but not a huge deal.

UPSGUY72

i know technically it is against rules to ship alcohol to certain states but i have never had an issue before as they never ask me what i am shipping. I hope this doesn't offend anyone or break rules, but i am looking for assistance on a package issue when shipping to canada from the us. If someone could pm me i have a few questions, if it is not too offensive that i would basically be asking how to circumnavigate your system. Thanks!

get a life....

UPSGUY72

Law abiding citizens, heh. Do most UPS employees look down on individuals shipping alcohol? I really thought most would feel like its against the rules but not a huge deal.

Shipping alcohol isn't illegal it depends on the state your in. In Ma Fed Ex can ship alcohol but UPS can't. If you go to CT UPS can ship alcohol.