Shipping Discounts for UPS Employees and Retirees

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Hoaxster, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

UPS announces shipping discounts for employees and retirees today.
    I remember several people asking over the years why UPS did not offer this and now UPS doess.

Go to to sign up.
  2. old brown shoe

old brown shoe 30 year driver

I knew they would do something big like that right after I retired. I waited almost 35 years for that and finally gave up. DANG!!!!!
  3. wo88upsman

wo88upsman Member

8 whole % hope that does not break them
  4. texan

texan Well-Known Member

I am floored........ I was always taught, NEVER!!!! Maybe beards in a few years?
  5. Johney

Johney Raise your hand if you think Upstate is a D-Bag

Great now they tell me after I already sent my Christmas gifts Fed Ex.:whiteflag:
  6. texan

texan Well-Known Member

7. texan

texan Well-Known Member

Is it not something how a thread can derail in seconds?

I think the discount is great, and it is for retires also!!!
  8. kenco80233

kenco80233 New Member

This is good,however if you are retired are locked out of shortly after you retire.
  9. big idea

big idea Member

yea just tried to log in. It would not let me in.Must be for retired management only.
  10. raceanoncr

raceanoncr Well-Known Member

Nice words by UPS. Too bad retirees can't log in.
  11. 104Feeder

104Feeder Phoenix Feeder

The Fedex discount is unreal, and even applies to their Freight service. Regardless of the % it's nice UPS stepped up.

"UPS is unable to set up your account with the information provided"

Well we're off to a great start! First it couldn't link my old account, now it doesn't like my auto-fill info.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  12. Limper

Limper Out For Delivery

UPSers standing in line at Kinko's to save $ was starting to look bad.
  13. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

It is for some retirees too. *link removed

These are the terms and conditions: *link removed

Deferred retirees without access to, third party resellers, franchisees, employees of franchisees, or contingent workers (including temporary workers, outsourced workers, and independent contractors) are not eligible for the employee shipping discount.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  14. Mr Jingles

Mr Jingles Rat out of a cage

It worked for me.
  15. thessalonian13

thessalonian13 Active Member

I have not tried to log on to in years. I got tired of having my user name changed every few months. Then, every time I tried to log on, I had to create a new password. After about a dozen times of this, I gave up.
  16. So Cal UPSer

So Cal UPSer New Member

Yep...if you're retired, good luck getting that huge discount! We retirees are just not "feelin' the love." :sad-very:
  17. User Name

User Name Only 230 Today?? lol

just in time for the 4.9 rate
  18. rod

rod retired and happy

VERY shortly-----like about the second you punch out on your final day. As far as shipping discounts go we always got a big discount-------------------------------------they just never knew it.
  19. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

We had a (former) driver try this---he "borrowed" a tracking label from a pickup customer who was still on the SRM book. The only reason he got caught was the package came back to the shipper as damaged. This idiot lost his job over an $18 package.
  20. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

I work as instructed. I will walk up to the business (with my DIAD) and write up info notice but not sheet the package. If I know they are closed for the day then I will sheet it away from stop at 1:03. I was instructed by my mangers to do this and if there is ANY question on if I was there they can pull up the GPS of my car and also the GPS on the diad to show I was standing at the door for XXX amount of time as I wrote up the notice. I do feel funny sheeting it up as NI1 or closed in another location but that's what we are told to do.