Shipping Discounts for UPS Employees and Retirees

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I just signed up--took all of 5 minutes. I am an infrequent shipper so probably will never use it. I found it curious that they used the word "eight" for Ground discounts and used the number 16 for the Air discount, as if the number would jump off the page (it did) while the word would blend in.

Indecision---we are instructed to provide a list of all known closures, with address and day(s) that they are closed, to our PDS who will then pull them from the car. For those who do make it on to the car we are instructed to use CLO H.

Indecisi0n

I just signed up--took all of 5 minutes. I am an infrequent shipper so probably will never use it. I found it curious that they used the word "eight" for Ground discounts and used the number 16 for the Air discount, as if the number would jump off the page (it did) while the word would blend in.

Indecision---we are instructed to provide a list of all known closures, with address and day(s) that they are closed, to our PDS who will then pull them from the car. For those who do make it on to the car we are instructed to use CLO H.

I am a cover so I don't know the routes. You guys used closed H every time a business is close when it is not a holiday?

raceanoncr

Deferred retirees without access to UPSers.com, third party resellers, franchisees, employees of franchisees, or contingent workers (including temporary workers, outsourced workers, and independent contractors) are not eligible for the employee shipping discount.

OK, that's fine.

Maybe in the next flambouyant UPS press release touting their benevolence, they can also post the disclaimer:

"Does not apply to employees that have spent 25,30,35,40 years of their life for our company, giving up precious family time, ruining their health, enduring our ruthless mismanaging and micro-rule pounding."

Oh, you know I'm just being facitious. I really don't care. If they want to lock me out, I'm still gonna use the fastest, cheapest means possible. I ship/receive alot of stuff in retirement. I'm getting alot of stuff from Fl. The shipper uses FDX exclusively now. If they ship it on FRI, I usually get it in the middle of the country on Tues. UPS does not give that kinda service. Sorry. PO has been cheap, fast and reliable too.

So, go ahead and keep telling the world how GREAT you are, UPS. You're gonna pat yourself on the back right outta business. It's only a matter of time.

rod

Retired 22 years
Already do for non-Union (except no alcohol).
I thought the Teamsters did for Union employees?

We always hosted our own Christmas parties ---usually after work on the Friday before Christmas (and there was plenty of alcohol.) There was even a couple of center managers who stopped by for a few minutes and bought a round.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
7. ConfidentialityYou agree to maintain the confidentiality of this agreement including its rates, terms and
Incentives (“Confidential Information”) unless disclosure is required by law. You agree not to post
or publicly display this Confidential Information.
This agreement will be subject to periodic review by UPS for your compliance.
BY CLICKING “NEXT” AND “CONTINUE” ON THE EMPLOYEE DISCOUNT REGISTRATION
PAGE, YOU ARE INDICATING THAT YOU HAVE READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF
THIS AGREEMENT, UNDERSTAND THEM, AND AGREE TO BE LEGALLY BOUND TO
THEM.

We are all in trouble now

Ms.PacMan

Grammar for numbers - Spell out single-digit whole numbers. Use numerals for numbers greater than nine. Rules for Writing Numbers

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Has anyone heard any news on us getting MyChoice discounts off the $40 premium?

It would make no sense for any current UPS operations employee to sign up for MyChoice as we can simply arrange to have our packages held at the center by giving the PDS the tracking numbers.

raceanoncr

Reenforcing MY view of discounts, or rather NO discounts in my case since UPS chooses to not let me in UPSers.com or to place the discalimer in there that this discount does NOT apply to retirees, I just received an eBay package from about 4 states away, here, at least a two-day service area for UPS.

It was sent UPSPS for $11 shipping and handling. It woulda been at least $15 to ship UPS (yes, I looked it up). It was here, at my mailbox, OVERNIGHT! The next business day.

So, even tho I spent 32 yrs there, why, in this case, should I display unwavering loyalty to a company that doesn't even want to throw a cookie crump out to me? And, no, they ain't contributing to my pension anymore.