Shipping Help

dmbgg

I have a UPS store nearby, and I have to ship an iPod to a friend tomorrow.

Can I just take the box up there that I want to use, and get them to tape it and put the label on it and stuff?

Will I have to pay more than just the shipping charges?

Thanks.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I would tape it up well and put it in an unmarked box. Don't know the cost, but the UPS Stores are a little too pricey for me. You will be charged by weight, distance, and how fast you want it there.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Oh ok, how much more will it be?

Is there a cheaper way to do it?

Goto a customer counter if you want to ship with the base UPS rate. UPS stores always charge extra for handling service. Nevermind dropoffs that are ground/standard. Or, setup an account on UPS.com, prepare the package (tape it with real 3m clear masking), pay for it with the account, print your own label and leave it in a drop box or bring to a couter and drop it there.

MonavieLeaker

Bringin Teh_Lulz
I have a UPS store nearby, and I have to ship an iPod to a friend tomorrow.

Can I just take the box up there that I want to use, and get them to tape it and put the label on it and stuff?

Will I have to pay more than just the shipping charges?

Thanks.

Just dont put it in a drop box :peaceful:

dmbgg

Another questions, sorry guys, just needing help.... I don't have a label printer, how am I supposed to print the label with a regular printer?

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Another questions, sorry guys, just needing help.... I don't have a label printer, how am I supposed to print the label with a regular printer?

print it on paper, then tape it to the box. or get an asd (air shipping doc) plastic pouch and put it in that, stick it on. you can get asd pouches at a customer counter.

dmbgg

Well I meant if I wanted to pay online at ups website.

That way I could just package it up and stuff myself, and what not. And just drop it off at the store.

I was talking about the shipping label maker.

outamyway

UPS stores charge extra if THEY have to tape or pack anything. If you pack and tape it yourself(for christ sake use common sense) the shipping will be calculated and charged to you at the normal rate.

If you have a printer that works go to UPS.com and print a label out yourself and drop it off at the UPS store or a drop box. It's really easy to fill out all the stuff you need to at UPS.com, even if you're not computer savvy.