Shipping to Pakistan Problems

worldwide

Sir.Not everyone knows the complicated formula to get their box to where they want it to go.
A lot of companies use their own broker because thats the way they have always done it.
The brand UPS is affiliated to the ups store in what way?
Seems rather redundant without the actual desire to accommodate the customer.

Not sure what any of that has to do with the main issue here. The receiver requested an alternate broker other than UPS to clear the package through customs. This alternate broker is setting the cost of this clearance. How would TUPSS in the US know that the receiver was to make this choice? The answer--they would not and neither would the shipper unless there was some form of communication during the sales process. A typical international business transaction has some type of communication to set the rules of the transaction (payment terms, shipping mode, etc.). We are not privy to those details.

The point is that the receiver requested an alternate broker and UPS can do nothing about expediting the clearance or affecting what this alternate broker wishes to charge for customs clearance. Again, how would TUPSS in the US known this was what the receiver was going to do? What could TUPSS have done to prevent this situation from happening, in your opinion?

send an email to PK customer service with the tr# with your concern they will be able to assist you or if you want send an email to me i can forward to PK to see if they can assit you. the way i look at it. the invoice value some how was high. the customs held the shipment due to high value shipment without realizing the actual merchandise value. if an alternate broker is doing clearance than the broker is trying to jack up the price to pocket some major profit.

worldwide

send an email to PK customer service with the tr# with your concern they will be able to assist you or if you want send an email to me i can forward to PK to see if they can assit you. the way i look at it. the invoice value some how was high. the customs held the shipment due to high value shipment without realizing the actual merchandise value. if an alternate broker is doing clearance than the broker is trying to jack up the price to pocket some major profit.

http://www.ups.com/content/corp/worldwide/mid-east/pakistan.html

Universal Logistics Services [PVT] Limited
Karachi Office
12 Bahadurabad, Block - 3
Main Shaheed-e-Millat Road
Karachi
Pakistan
Tel.: +92 21 3413 3490 - 413 3497 (PABX)
Tel.: +92 21 3413 3497 (C.O.O)
Tel.: +92 21 111 669 877 (Customer Service)
Fax: +92 21 3493 4092

david cassin

dublinbrown
i work in the brokerage office in ups ireland and do the customs entries,you were charged vat and duty on the cost of the goods plus freight.
e.g vat in ireland is 21 % and duty on leather jacket i think could be 5 % which is a worldwide agreed percentage by customs.
gift values range from country to country .ireland is 46 euro.