Shock-tober!

MaineGroundDriver

Rumors out of the meeting in Maryland ..

Several BIG contracts coming online next month ..

Expect peak to be just insane ..

Nothing groundbreaking announced or anything though ..

HomeDelivery

no worries...

they've been hiring peak temp drivers since the beginning of Sept already...

what still irks me is that they & Amazon still wants us to driver-release big flat screen TVs; which i won't & will get a signature anyways to avoid any future claims/complaints/disputes to me or my contractor that i'll be working for at the time.

MaineGroundDriver

It does amaze me that those flatscreens come in without any sig required .. I even delivered a 55 inch 3D tv without sig .. crazy but no claims so far so ....

bbsam

Staff member
We still have the walmart ups account here in Canada...
Have fun with that :happy-very:
You may find it's more trouble than it's worth

It does suck when customers decide to furnish their entire house with furniture from Walmart.com.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
We still have the walmart ups account here in Canada...
Have fun with that :happy-very:
You may find it's more trouble than it's worth

That's great.
I tell my customers that if what you're shipping does not fit in a FedEx envelope, you need to call 1-800-Pick-Ups.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's great.
I tell my customers that if what you're shipping does not fit in a FedEx envelope, you need to call 1-800-Pick-Ups.

With all that's happening to us, we should be telling every single customer to use UPS. I do, whenever I can, and when they ask why, I say it's because "FedEx no longer cares about the customer".

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
If someone asks me about a weird shipping issue, I direct them straight to the local "UPS Store" vs. sending them to the "Kinkos" right across the street. I'm not joking.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
78434monrol.jpg
78434monrol.jpg

GoodGrief

Do you guys realize that driving business away from FedEx will leave you all without a job? I just don't get the logic behind sending customers to our competitor. Not trying to be ugly, just explain this logic to me please cause I really do not get it.

vantexan

Do you guys realize that driving business away from FedEx will leave you all without a job? I just don't get the logic behind sending customers to our competitor. Not trying to be ugly, just explain this logic to me please cause I really do not get it.

There it is...we should just be happy we have a job and do everything we can to keep it. We aren't mindless drones. If expected to work as such with no expectation of a better life, no reward for working hard to make this company successful, then we start resenting the broken promises and outright lies told to us. We don't care if the company succeeds or fails because the company has made it clear they only care about what we can do for them.

I seem to recall you telling me you have the same position I do but you let it out the other night you make 3 times what Mr. FedEx does. I guess better compensation does make one care more, huh?

GoodGrief

There it is...we should just be happy we have a job and do everything we can to keep it. We aren't mindless drones. If expected to work as such with no expectation of a better life, no reward for working hard to make this company successful, then we start resenting the broken promises and outright lies told to us. We don't care if the company succeeds or fails because the company has made it clear they only care about what we can do for them.

I seem to recall you telling me you have the same position I do but you let it out the other night you make 3 times what Mr. FedEx does. I guess better compensation does make one care more, huh?

I never said I had the same position you do, I don't even work for Express. Please provide a link to the post where I said I had the same position you do.
And I asked a valid question. How do you keep your job if you push all the business away to the competition? It's just not logical. Like I said, I am not trying to be ugly, just really curious and trying to understand. Company fails, you're out of a job....we all are. How is that a good thing?