SHOES

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Its that time of year again. I need to replace the summer shoes with winter ones. I just purchased a pair of Dr. Martin boots and am not very impressed. They have no arch support. I wish I could get Merrills that would work for drivers. I loved my Merrills for preload. Excellent arch support and very durable. What shoes do you drivers wear? We live in a rural area and don't have immediate access to the major shopping that you find in major cities, so I do most of my shopping on line:confused:1. Thanks bunches!!!!!!

T

TooLazy

My buddy used to wear tactical boots at Brown. 6" with the side zip and said they kept him comfy. Look at Bates, or even Converse perhaps.

Fnix

wear these
hi.JPG

JARHEAD

And...That's rite!
Its that time of year again. I need to replace the summer shoes with winter ones. I just purchased a pair of Dr. Martin boots and am not very impressed. They have no arch support. I wish I could get Merrills that would work for drivers. I loved my Merrills for preload. Excellent arch support and very durable. What shoes do you drivers wear? We live in a rural area and don't have immediate access to the major shopping that you find in major cities, so I do most of my shopping on line:confused:1. Thanks bunches!!!!!!

I go with boots year around. Try Rocky or Georgia Boots. They pay for themselves.

T

TUFFENUFF

Support the american worker and buy the best work shoe Redwing has to offer. My pair cost about $125 I know it is alot of money but they last.

browndude

go with ecco's i have been wearing the same pair winter and summer and even on the weekends for 2 years now and they are still in great shape. eccousa.com

satellitedriver

Rocky, the best support and great sole wear. I have worn Rocky's for 9 years now.
Just got a pair of 6" Alpha Force Rocky's, A really good half-boot.
PAX

LeddySS98

I got a pair of 5.11's shield ATAC's 8"... I've only had them for a week, and have'nt got to try them out in the snow yet but so far I'm happy.

2Slow

I've had good luck with Red Wings. I get their special (expensive) insoles too. I get about 18 months to 2 years out of the shoes and about 3 winters out of the boots.

Slip resistant is a must.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I know the Timberland's are available on shoes.com. when checking out if you use the code "brown" you get 22% off and 10% off of sale items.

I right now have Nike Goadome ACG. Not too bad but need a better insole. I would love to get some Eccos but don't want to pay full price for them and I keepgetting outid on eBay. I have Ecco golf shoes and I will vouch to say that every pair of Eccos that have ever touched my feet felt like heaven.

old brown shoe

30 year driver
I like Wolverine Durashocks. They last a long time but cost over 100 dollars. Many of the postal people I know wear them that have walking routes. The soles can be replaced since they are stiched on.

browndude

I know the Timberland's are available on shoes.com. when checking out if you use the code "brown" you get 22% off and 10% off of sale items.

I right now have Nike Goadome ACG. Not too bad but need a better insole. I would love to get some Eccos but don't want to pay full price for them and I keepgetting outid on eBay. I have Ecco golf shoes and I will vouch to say that every pair of Eccos that have ever touched my feet felt like heaven.
you can order your ecco's thru upsers.com and get a discount. i believe it is 15%

I wear redwings. They used to last six months when I was in the big city. My last pair lasted 16 months. It all depends where you work I guess.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Thanks for all the input. Think Ill try Redwings. Philly, I was wondering who was going to figure that out first!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats. BIKER?