Shooting at Oregon Community College

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by FrigidPTSup, Oct 1, 2015.

1. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

2. MAKAVELI

MAKAVELI Well-Known Member

Unfortunately this is an upward trend with no end in sight. We live in a very violent society where more often than not the solution to a problem is taught to be at the end of a barrel.

3. sailfish

sailfish Having way too much fun.

Hang tight. You'll be getting a definitive answer from TOS momentarily.

• Funny x 4
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • List
  4. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Of course. No need to wait for details of what happened first. (for him)

5. Sportello

Sportello Well-Known Member

6. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

7. soberups

soberups Pees in the brown Koolaid

Actually, the per capita murder rate as well as the overall number of murders and murders committed with guns has been steadily decreasing since 1993. This in spite of the fact that the number of guns in private ownership as well as the number of people with concealed carry permits has dramatically increased during that same timeframe. As far as what happened in Roseburg (190 miles south of where I sit at this moment) I have very little factual information about the tragedy except for two things; it happened in a posted "gun free" zone, and it ended when a good guy with a gun shot and killed the bad guy with the gun.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  8. Operational needs

Operational needs Well-Known Member

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

4chan is full of trolls.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  10. MAKAVELI

I'm not talking about per capita, I'm talking about mass shootings. They are obviously on the rise. Anyone who says differently is obviously ignorant or oblivious, or both.

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Actually there are fewer mass shootings. They are just more publicized.

12. tourists24

tourists24 Well-Known Member

Well now.... according to stopsperhour you are ignorant or oblivious..... or both...

13. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Well-Known Member

After he shot 20 and killed 13. Forgot that part. So even though he was killed by a gun held by a good guy he was able to KILL 13.

14. MAKAVELI

Yea I would say so.
    http://mobile.nytimes.com/2014/09/25/us/25shooters.html?referer=&_r=0

WASHINGTON — A report released by the F.B.I. on Wednesday confirmed what many Americans had feared but law enforcement officials had never documented: Mass shootings have risen drastically in the past half-dozen years.

There were, on average, 16.4 such shootings a year from 2007 to 2013, compared with an average of 6.4 shootings annually from 2000 to 2006. In the past 13 years, 486 people have been killed in such shootings, with 366 of the deaths in the past seven years. In all, the study looked at 160 shootings since 2000. (Shootings tied to domestic violence and gangs were not included.)

F.B.I. Confirms a Sharp Rise in Mass Shootings Since 2000

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/08/04/report-mass-public-shootings-rise/31071301/
    NATION

Report: Mass public shootings on rise
    The report, sent to members of Congress on Friday, found that in the 1970s, mass public shootings killed roughly six people a year and injured two. From 2010 to 2013, there were an average of 33 deaths in mass shootings each year, with 28 additional people injured.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2015
  15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

16. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

Without knowing all the facts potus declares that more gun controls are needed .
    Potus pointed out that states with more gun restrictions tended to have fewer gun deaths .
    Except Chicago .

17. bottomups

bottomups Bad Moon Risen'

Chicago isn't a state, genius.

18. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

You're correct .
    It's an urban war zone .
    Year To Date
    Shot & Killed: 348
    Shot & Wounded: 1971
    Total Shot: 2319
    Total Homicides: 396

http://heyjackass.com/

19. moreluck

moreluck golden ticket member

He is soooooo wrong about those stats. He came on the TV and I turned it to something where I could believe what was coming out of their mouth. Like any other show on TV.

Maybe going to college causes death by bullet.

20. Baba gounj

Baba gounj pensioner

No advice from TOS yet .
    I think potus stole his punch line .