Shooting at Oregon Community College

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't hate Righties...even you. I just think they're kind of slow and very fixated on a few issues that confirm a lack of intelligence and rational thought. My wife is Christian, as are most of my friends. I own 3 guns, and have a CCW, and I don't want your .22 Ruger that you strap-on your waist when you pretend to be a Green Beret.

Wrong again.
You and I are fairly similar in our political outlook. And, like you, I also have a CCW. I do feel compelled to remind you, however, that as flawed as the Righties are on a lot of issues, you have them and only them to thank for the fact that you can own those guns and carry concealed.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You and I are fairly similar in our political outlook. And, like you, I also have a CCW. I do feel compelled to remind you, however, that as flawed as the Righties are on a lot of issues, you have them and only them to thank for the fact that you can own those guns and carry concealed.

I don't have that much invested in the gun culture. I only carry when I'm out in the mountains or some neighborhoods that are pretty bad and I have my family along. Mostly, I just try and stay under the radar. Nor do I feel the need to own an AR15 clone or have a mega-clip of ammo etc.

newfie

Problem created, not solved. My guess is that you'd love to be the next George Zimmerman.

George Zimmerman? Are you saying I am a Hispanic male neighborhood watch nut who the race baiters will then accuse of being a white police officer?

soberups

I don't have that much invested in the gun culture. I only carry when I'm out in the mountains or some neighborhoods that are pretty bad and I have my family along. Mostly, I just try and stay under the radar. Nor do I feel the need to own an AR15 clone or have a mega-clip of ammo etc.
Doesnt matter.

If the Liberals were calling all the shots you wouldnt have that carry permit at all and you probably woukdnt even be allowed to own a handgun. If you were lucky, they might let you keep a rifle as long as you were willing to pay through the nose to license it and register it and buy liability insurance for it.

I consider myself a liberal on most issues but when it comes to guns the liberals are a bunch of idiots. And I dont own an AR-15 either.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
I am an independant. Have no use for either political party. I concealed carried over 30+ years ago and to this day do not have a permit. Didn't need the righties then and don't need them now.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
You are missing out on a fun build!

I still have my original Ruger .22, a gift from my Dad, a 9mm, and a .357 for personal protection purposes. I have no worries about gun hobbyists/enthusiasts. It's the gun zealots who really bother me. If you build an AR15 off parts you bought off eBay, that's fine. But what about the person who is genuinely crazy? They need to be screened-out somehow.

soberups

I still have my original Ruger .22, a gift from my Dad, a 9mm, and a .357 for personal protection purposes. I have no worries about gun hobbyists/enthusiasts. It's the gun zealots who really bother me. If you build an AR15 off parts you bought off eBay, that's fine. But what about the person who is genuinely crazy? They need to be screened-out somehow.
You cant build an AR-15 without a lower, which is the part with the serial number and is by itself legally considered to be a firearm. You cant order a lower over the Internet without first going through a Brady background check through your local FFL. Yes there are ways around it...there always will be...but it is a myth that a crazy person who is otherwise prohibited from gun ownership can simply get online and point-and-click his way into a gun. Which is where concealed carry comes into play. The bad guys who cant be screened out.... need to be taken out. Legally armed and law-abiding citizens are the last line of defense.