Shootings in Kennesaw GA

whenIgetthere

Think again. I know of several who have come to work drunk (cannot prove it). They would flunk a breath test.

I know one who is out late every night drinking, and posts it on social media all the time. He says he's never had a random test. I can't stand working the sort next to him because he reeks of it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Let's say one would be under an influence.

Yes. Any of the DOT-tested substances would send you packing. I know of 3 Operations Managers who have been fired for substance abuse in the last 2 years. Those are the ones that get caught. One female manager I had would stumble in frequently and talk nonsense. We were told she had "health issues". The reality was that the SM was covering for her because they were buddies.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I know operations management seems to always have a higher incidence of getting fired for coke than any other drug. I know 4 who were fired and they were very energetic and stayed on top of their operations. 3 were preload sups.
Two involved theft and were terminated immediately.
The other two went through EAP but were caught again and then terminated.
Sad situations.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
And we had a center manager busted for dealing on the company phones.

Good times!
OK ... that's really stupid.
All calls are typically recorded as well as the urls of every page navigated to on the internet.
I always used my cellphone and a personal laptop connected via a hot spot.

P

prodriver

terrible news...

managers should know not to push someone's buttons like that

they could have granted him a leave without pay, right?

Those crazy types buttons don't have to be pushed just treat them as a regular employee and they do crazy things.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
One of his co-workers said that she reported him last week for continually aiming his lazar scanner at her eyes. The shooter wanted last Saturday off, and laid out anyway after being turned down.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
and you know, that had this happened at Express anyway, one of their very first courses of action would be to see if the guy had signed off on viewing the WV vid - step 1 in the rigorous and comprehensive Covering Their Asses process.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
and you know, that had this happened at Express anyway, one of their very first courses of action would be to see if the guy had signed off on viewing the WV vid - step 1 in the rigorous and comprehensive Covering Their Asses process.

Yep. Fred could wash his hands of the whole deal.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
He went ahead and took off Saturday. Guess what was waiting for him Monday?

His "no call, no show .. you are FIRED" letter.

I keep telling folk; I'm not the one to be worried about.

It's the nice, quiet ones!